Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WMS April Blog Party...Spring Flowers

This is my 2nd post for today...for my Day 3 Release Previews just scroll down

Good afternoon!
Enjoying all the gorgeous inspiration for the 3 new Watzingmouse sets releasing tomorrow?
How about just a little more because it's the 17th and you know what that means...
my favorite day of the month!
This month the theme is SPRING FLOWERS...
appropriate since spring has sprung and everything is in full bloom around here...
especially my allergies...
and since there are so many stops to make along the way I'm going to get straight to it...


WMS April Blog Party

I used the fabulous harlequin stamp from Heirloom Patterns to stamp a background and then cut it down a bit to layer onto an A2 cardbase.  
Once I had cut it down...I sliced it and then adhered onto the card with the white space in the middle for a sentiment...
which I stamped directly onto the base while popping the background on dimensional dots.
I cut and colored those gorgeous blooms from Camellia and adhered them with some pop dots and glue...
and the sentiment is from Roses in Bloom...
thought this might be a good time to make a Mother's Day card because it's fast approaching which means that I am now officially ahead...
YAY!
That never happens! *giggle*
Though I didn't use any here because I decided to hoard a little longer...
all my colors were inspired by Fancy Pants new collection...Trendsetter...
I love this collection!!
Navy, coral and aqua...
how could I not?
They had me at navy!

So this Party goes on for 24 hours...
plenty of time to whip up a project if you haven't already...
and you can get all the details on Claire's blog HERE.
I'll see you along the way!


Mother
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Heirloom Patterns, Camellia, and Roses in Bloom
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select
Ink: HA navy, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics



22 comments :

  1. I knew this was yours as soon as I saw it - It says Renee all over it! Love those perfectly stamped diamonds and the red white black combo is so elegant!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are submitting your cards because your cards need to get published! This is truly stunning! I need to get that flower as well , my list is getting long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Great contrasting colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors on this actually take my breath away Renee!! that harlequin stamping looks like DP - SO perfectly stamped and the contrast of the red bloom is striking! (you shame me making a special creation for the party - I used my sneak peek to play!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! Love the colors and the rounded corners on the diamond stamped panel! Just a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has Renee written all over it! Those DARK navy harlequins and gorgeous gorgeous and the beautiful Camellia blooms--swoon. I wish i could design like this. Thanks for the link up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning colour choice and I love the idea of cutting the panel with the sentiment between...very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee...it´s pure perfection and such a eye candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, this is SO stunning, the diamond pattern with the red camellias is just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous, and I love how you did the sentiment. Wonderful flowers--I am so glad you suggested that I get this set--and I see you did a bit of coloring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your colors Renee just jump right out at you! Your whole card is so crisp...the coloring perfect. I really like the way you cut that piece in two and put the sentiment in the middle. Great card design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Renee. Love the harlequin design background which really makes those beautiful flowers pop off the page! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty!! that harlequin is stamped so *perfectly*!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Honestly... one gorgeous card!! Well, they are always gorgeous but.. navy harlequin.... makes me happy!! And, navy (no less) with the pop of red/green!! Love the card design/ popped panels with sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so you Renee! I love that deep navy blue with those stunning red roses, so perfect for Mother's Day. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is fab! Love the harlequin background and those camellias are stunning! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow s-s-stunning use of colours and just love that harlequin pattern and your perfectly seamless pattern matching.
    Also love how you split and separated the panel leaving a little white space for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the flowers paired with the bold background - great contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Renee - wow - you amaze me every day - new and such clever and stylish designs - I want to case all of them!!! Will let you know when I'll find the time - thanks for great inspiration!!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL! I love those red camellias with the perfectly stamped harelquin background. What a gorgeous card, Renee!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...