Tuesday, May 28, 2013

CASology #46

Hello!
Hope you enjoyed the long weekend!
I'm now on the 9 week weekend...
YAY!!!
School's out and with hating to travel in the summer with the heat...
and lines wherever you go...
I like to take it easy and work on projects around the house...
and hopefully some fun, crafty projects!


And I've been meaning to join in on this challenge for the longest time...
and time always got away from me...
but I put my thinking cap on and came up with a little ditty for the latest CASology challenge...

CASology #46

When Claire came out with the Heroines set and all the sweet sentiments for it...
I was not the only one requesting those same sentiments for the little guys in our lives and was so happy when she gave them to us!
And with school just being released for summer and final reports for the year received...
thought this would be perfect for one of my little guys who had a very good year...
and who also happens to sleep with a "stuffie" every night.
Which is where the "furry" comes in...
that sweet teddy this little guy is holding.
Stamped onto white cardstock and colored it up with Copics then die cut using the fabulous Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangles.
I then used a larger rectangle to add the stitching detail to the cardbase...
added a little washi tape to the edges...
and that navy strip at the bottom?
Well...
I just really wanted to add some navy because I love it.

Here's a little peek at the inside sentiment...

CASology #46

There's still plenty of time to join in on this one...
I'm actually early...
YAY!!...
and you can get all the details here!

I'll be back tomorrow for the Waltzingmouse DT Release Waltz...
see you then!



Stamps: Waltzingmouse Half Pint Heroes Additions
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Kraft; MFT Nightshift Blue
Ink: Memento, Copics
Dies: Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangles
Misc: washi tape

16 comments :

  1. Totally cute! Congrats to your little guy on a great year!! Enjoy the summer break! I look forward to many more posts from you now!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee this is a fabulous card and I am so glad you came to play this week! Those stitched mats are perfect as always. Congrats to your little man on a successful year at school. I hope you have a wonderful summer break! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, and congrats to your son. Is this the son with all the crazy exploits? I am looking forward to seeing more craftiness from you this summer. For me, I have less free time in the summer for some reason. I am always just a teeny bit relieved when September rolls around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I just made a card for my 24 yr.old son using this very stamp and colors . This is such a sweet card! My daughter can't wait for summer break . Hope you enjoy the long break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And into the cart it goes... Been debating these because I'm not much for coloring but you make it seem so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute Renee...love the washi tape and the bright colors. Looks so nice on stitched mat. I always love hearing your stories about what your kids do during the summer to drive you crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card, Renee! I'm sure your little guy will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all I'm so glad you got a chance to play along with us - second, I'm trying to picture (after reading your profile) how you make cards in the car?! lol! This is a lovely clean card and so clearly heartfelt! I look forward to seeing more of your work (now that school's out, you've got time on your hands, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love that stamp Renee - it may just fall into my WMS shopping basket one day! Gorgeous take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A sweet image on a sweet card! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww what a sweeet card-and a great take on the theme :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I have already bookmarked you.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fun take on the cue word! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card, perfect for a little fella you know who just finished school! Great colors, wonderful coloring and embossing! Thanks for joining us at CASology...so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet! I ordered this set for my little boy too! Love the Washi tape and the stitched mats! A wonderful card to celebrate your son's great year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is this not the cutest???? The best part (other than the fabulous color job) is the corner bits of Washi!!!! Love that detail!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...