Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hello, Sunshine!

Hello, Hello!
Still busy with last minute end of year projects and activities...
but as of tomorrow that will be all over for all the kiddos...
YAY!!
And still sitting at the ballfield watching a little slugger pick weeds...*giggle*
OK...in all honesty...
he's awesome with batting...
hasn't hit a home run...
yet...
but he's come close a few times with some solid triples but it's his fielding that needs work.
He's easily distracted by the weeds and rocks...
he wants them all in his back pocket so he can bring them home for "his outdoor collection".
I didn't know he actually had a collection and now it frightens me to think of what I will find underneath his bed so I'm a little scared to investigate.
I just hope I've managed to scare him of everything that moves outside...
we're in the South...
we have all kinds of critters around here...
and quite a few that crawl and slither.
I cringe with fear at the thought!

And I'm about to head for a while but wanted to pop in really quickly with a little ditty that I came up with for  Lil' Inkers Sunny Days Challenge...


Who here does NOT have Laura's fabulous stitched rectangles and/or squares?
I think it's easier to ask who doesn't have them versus who does because I don't think I'm the only one who wants to pull them out for everything...
and almost do.
They are my go to dies...
I love them!
I love all of her stitched dies and adorable little coordinating sets...
who can resist them?
And I'm one that's hoping for some stacked circles, ovals, hearts, stars...
any shape...
with that perfect little stitching detail she adds!
So anyway...
here's my take on her Sunny Days challenge...

Lil' Inkers Sunshine Challenge

I bet you can guess what inspired me from the inspiration pic...
the sun...
YAY...
adorable stitched clouds...
and yup...
go to faves stitched squares...
along with the sweet sentiment from the coordinating Sun Sentiments for this one.
That gorgeous paper is from Simple Stories Vintage Bliss...
thought it kind'a made you think of a rainbow over on the side...
I could be seeing things though...
*giggle*...
and then I added a fabric brad to the sun...
a small strip of cardstock to the edge...
and few sparkly sequins to finish it off!

So you have until Sunday night to link up your project for a chance to win a fabulous prize from Lil' Inkers...
so head over and check out all the incredible inspiration and get the details HERE!
I'm heading out and will be sitting at the ballfield for a while tonight but hope to get caught up on everyone when I get in!

Till next time!

22 comments :

  1. Oh how I remember the days of picking weeds with both of my kids at soccer. Good times and good memories. I love your take on the challenge and I am with you, I love anything Lil' Inkers and stitched!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee--this is amazing. I love how CAS this card is, and it is like a breath of sunshine. Count me as one who has the stitched rectangles and squares, and I have to try to resist using them on every single card. I am eagerly awaiting stitched shapes in every configuration possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Renee! My son spent time in the outfield picking up rocks.... rather than fielding fly balls. We said he was there more for the "social aspect" of the game! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Renee! Love the happy patterned paper strip you incorporated. I'm so in love with those stitched dies. I've had the rectangles on my list for far too long. Gotta get shopping soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Renee! It screams sunshine and summer days! The stripes look like rays of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. here's to summer!! great sunny card Renee!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to be outside at a baseball game it's just good! I love that you little guy fins others things more interesting than the game at times, just make me smile.
    Love your card! My LI squares just came in the mail today. I loved my rectangles so much I had to have them both! Don't know how I lived without them. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that cute stitched sun and clouds Renee...great on top of the stitched square. I love the little doo-dads scattered so perfectly too. Good luck, hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, Renee--love the stripes! You created such a awesome little scene using the stitched square! I really need to get those. And I'm with you about wanting even more shapes--just can't have too many LID dies! Hope you are able to kick off summer with a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabby card Renee! So bright and cheerful and I love all the "stitched" elements. What a fun collection of wonderful dies to have. Those silver sequins are so perfect! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, so am I the ONLY person who doesn't know about these little stitched edge dies??? apparently so! I really cannot, cannot, cannot......well, maybe I can buy just one???

    What a fun happy sunny card Renee! wish we had some of that sun up here in MA this weekend - how can you have Memorial Day weekend without sun??!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! The fabric brad sun is perfect...and I love the diagonal stripe edge. Awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute Renee!! I love the design you used and the great summer colors! I have to admit to being slightly addicted to those stitched edged dies myself, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renee, this is truly, truly fabulous! I loooooove it!!!! Thank you so much for all the fab things you had to say about our Stitched Mats Dies! I am so happy that they are a go to item for you!
    Thanks so much for playing along!
    Laura
    Lil' Inker Designs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I wish I could pull something together like this in the crazy last few days of term! Love that paper and the brad added to the sun. Thanks for joining in the fun with Lil' Inker Designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That fabric brad in the centre of the sun is my favourite detail here - along with the layered clouds! Great card Renee! Thanks for playing along with our Challenge over at Lil' Inker Designs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! Love your 'rainbow' ;) along with that fabulous fabric brad! Thanks for joining us for the Lil' Inker Designs challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI HOT STUFF!

    I love this! The sequins were the perfect touch!! Perfect layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Miss Renee! So good to visit with you Wednesday! We didn't even get to talk "stamping" much! Oh well....next time! Anyway, LOVE this card to pieces! Especially the stripes on the left side!!! And do I see sequins? Love how much they add to a card. Thanks for playing along with the LID challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card has me thinking of the song "you are my sunshine"! I love the stitched mats too and hope for other shapes to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty, Renee, and so happy!! Congratulations on the well-deserved HM honor from Lil' Inker!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful card Renee!!! Congrats on your win at Lil Inkers!!!! I was so happy to see your name there!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...