Saturday, May 18, 2013

Kreate-a-lope

OK...
I promise the world is not coming to an end...
or at least to the best of my knowledge.
I do understand that you could possibly be a little suspicious...
2 posts...
in 2 days...
after the dry desert this little piece of blogland real estate has become over the last couple of weeks...
I would be suspicious too...
but I'm popping in to join in a little blog hop featuring the Kreate-a-Lope envelope maker.
I was contacted by Nick who is the creator of the Kreate-a-Lope asking if I would be willing to try out his design and he graciously sent a couple out to me to test drive and I have to say right now...
I am not a white envelope person.
I will use them occasionally...
but I don't like them.
They're boring.
So being able to make my envelopes in any pattern and color I want...
you have my interest!

I'm going to show a couple of samples that I did up using the 2 different sizes he sent...

Kreate-a-Lope


Kreate-a-Lope


Kreate-a-Lope

The pink is an A2 size and the blue is an A7.
I used Simon Says Stamps Envelope Sentiments to decorate some mailing labels and then adhered onto the envelopes.

Now I know you're wondering how they work...right?
Here's a link to a quick video Nick prepared to show you how...

And now for the pros and cons...
it is super easy to use...
but I found that lightweight paper works best.  
I used some very lightweight patterned paper that I bought in a huge pad at Hobby Lobby for the above envelopes...
it's about a 24# weight...
and seemed to do much better than some pattern paper that is around 65# or higher in weight.
But I also got some rough edges and my OCD couldn't deal with it so I actually traced using the template and then cut with my paper trimmer...
took less than a minute start to finish and I had nice smooth edges that wasn't making my OCD scream.
Not that with the right paper...
like a watercolor or kraft...
something with texture...
those rough edges wouldn't be perfect.
I still remember my wedding invitations envelopes from almost 21 years ago and they had those rough edges and I loved them...
but I didn't have any texture paper on hand to give it a go.

Will I use this?
You bet!
Like I said I'm not a white envelope person and knowing that I can make envelopes that stand out in color and patterns...
I love it!!
And let's be honest...
if you opened your mailbox and saw a bright, colorful envelope mixed in with all the dull, plain white...
which are you opening first?
Even with the one drawback of rough edges...
and that could just be me and my preference...
they're still super easy to use.
And I love new crafty toys...
but if you're anything like me...
anytime you get a new one...
you have to figure out where to keep it...
and sometimes that's hard with limited space.
But the Kreate-a-Lope is flat...
which makes it incredibly easy to store.
I keep mine on top of a drawer unit under my table...
easy to grab and use...
easy to store away.

If you're interested in purchasing a template or two...
you can visit Nick at http://www.greensneakers.com/
and he is currently running a Kickstarter campaign to be able to produce even more custom sizes...
you can get all the information for that here...

Don't forget to stop by and see what 


were able to come up with using this really cool little envelope maker!

Till next time!

8 comments :

  1. I just love the bright colors you used on this fun envelopes Renee! and the stamped labels make for a really fun place to write the address - or receivers name if you are just handing them the card! I know what you mean about the edges - some papers make it cleaner than others depending on the thickness! We were on the same wavelength with the kraft paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these look so sweet, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee these envelopes look like a present all by themselves. Receiving one of these would make me ponder what other treasures lurk inside - I'd probably still hate to rip them open - would have to actually stop and get something that would keep them neat and tidy! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cute Renee. Notice I said super because the word cute just wasn't enough. Love them with the label stamped with the bow. You chose the cutest patterned papers too. Great job and it looks like you will never need white envelopes again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those envelope labels are the bomb diggity! Had never heard of that set and now I want it. The "definitely not junk mail" one is a must have. Love the sweet papers you chose. Everything coordinates together perfectly! So glad we could play along together for the hop :) X0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those envelopes are definitely very fun. And, that happy mail stamp set is the perfect accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Joyce, you have to have both to play with. Your envelopes are so fun and I can't wait to give one of these little goodies a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, these are adorable! You picked such great paper and the stamp set is fabulous. It would be fun to just decorate envelopes!! 'Definitely not junk mail' is just too cool! You are making want to place another SSS order!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...