Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Waltzingmouse May Release Waltz

Hello, Hello!
Have you enjoyed all the incredible projects being featured by some of the DT this week using the 2 new sets being released in just minutes?
I know I have and have been floored by how amazingly creative these ladies are...
WOW!!
If you happened to miss any of the previews you can go to Claire's blog HERE to catch up!
And since the whole gang is all together today for the Release Waltz and I know you're ready to order I'm not going to keep you long...
promise!

I decided to focus on USA 1776 for today's projects...
and you will not believe how much I LOVE this set!
I don't own any other patriotic sets...
mainly because I don't send out 4th of July cards...
but I've always wanted one because there's been so many times I've needed one...
or even just some elements from one...
for other occasions...
Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, Operation Write Home...
and also being married to a Veteran who served 10 years...
just some "manly" cards with a patriotic feel...
and now Claire has designed the perfect set!

Waltzingmouse USA 1776

For this one I used that perfect eagle in flight to stamp over my favorite sentiment from USA 1776...
Claire has managed to capture the American spirit so perfectly with this set and these 2 together symbolize and embrace for me what it means to be American.
I stamped them in SU's Night of Navy onto some kraft cardstock that has been stamped in Versamark with the 1776 flag and star that's also included in the set.
Adhered to a base over a little patterned paper from Authentique's Glory line...
and a red strip of cardstock to finish off.

And even though this next one is so super, super simple...
even for me...
I think it's actually my favorite...

Waltzingmouse USA 1776

I wanted to create an American Flag so I pulled out my favorite plaid building set Offbeat Backgrounds and inked just the larger stripe which I then stamped onto white cardstock.
I was going for the a distressed, non-perfect look with the stripes so I didn't press down evenly when stamping...
and then to add just a little more to them...
I reinked and then stamped over the lines in certain places...
not lining up other than trying to keep them fairly straight...
to get a darker impression in some spots.
I masked off the corner and used the solid distressed image from My Island stamped in SU's Night of Navy to create the blue background for my stars...

Waltzingmouse USA 1776

which I then heat embossed in white the star frame and 1776 element included in USA 1776.
I adhered this onto a piece of kraft cardstock stamped with the star border from Way Out West to frame...
distressing and tea staining the edges before adhering onto a navy base.

And my last one focuses on that incredible Statue of Liberty included in this set...

Waltzingmouse USA 1776

Instead of using the stamped image I cut the image using the cut files Claire has created...
adhered it onto navy cardstock after stamping the sentiment in navy and then adhering onto a card base trimmed with some patterned paper from Authentique's Glory.
A strip of pinked edging cardstock along the edge and couple of tiny stars with some glossy accents on each side of the sentiment finished it.

So sorry...
I kept you longer than I thought!
But now you're going to want to go see the wonderfully talented Teresa...
and make sure to leave comments along the way because one lucky person will win the stamp set of their choice for doing just that!
If you get lost along the way you can always catch up on Claire's blog HERE.
And I will be back soon with more projects using these incredibly gorgeous sets...
thanks so much for stopping by and till next time!



Land of the Free
Stamps: Waltzingmouse USA 1776
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Pure Poppy
Patterned Paper: Authentique Glory
Ink: SU Night of Navy

American Flag
Stamps: Waltzingmouse USA 1776, Offbeat Backgrounds, My Island, Way Out West
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Kraft, MFT Nightshift Blue
Ink: SU Real Red, Night of Navy

God Bless America
Stamps: Waltzingmouse USA 1776
Cardstock: SU Night of Navy, PTI Stamper's Select
Patterned Papers: Authentique Glory
Ink: SU Night of Navy
Cut Files: Waltzingmouse USA 1776
Dies: PTI Pinking shear, Star Gazer

53 comments :

  1. What great designs Renee! I especially love your flag with the weathered stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word,you have the most inventive approach to theming out a stamp set. I hang on every detail :-) Love how you constructed the flag and the other cards are just as brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning but I just LOVE your distressed flag!! brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous gorgeous cards.
    I am so excited about these sets.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are great! I love the weathered flag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GO NAVY!

    You totally knocked it outta the ballpark with this release! I LOVE those Authentique papers - they pair perfectly with these images and your style!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful patriotic cards... i love the patterned papers and images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love this set and what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your designs, loving Claire's lady liberty silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First thank you both for your 10 years of service! I don't think I knew that, or I just forgot sorry!
    I love the cards you made with this must have set! Love them all…perfect! I just placed my order had to have it as we were married the summer of the big bicentennial!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the patriotic cards. I love to see it kept alive, and the cards are great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovin this release!! these ate such beautiful patriotic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sure do love you cards...been waiting all day to see them! I especially like the one with the versamark background and the eagle...that is a great layout and I bet it was so fun to stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my Renee...these are outstanding. I love how you created the revolutionary flag. GENIUS!

    Your other creations are just as amazing! Well done! GO USA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards, each so different.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Renee I have to tell you I absolutely drooling over the first one with that fabulous background you created. You did a fabulous job showcasing the versatility of this set my friend! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Renee, your cards are amazing! I love all your patriotic cards, makes me feel like I need to stand at attention and do the pledge of allegiance! So amazing and I swore to myself no more shopping...and now look what you have done! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really LOVE the background of the flag behind the eagle. It is such a wonderful look and a great card! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful patriotic cards--love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful cards, Renee! I love the watermark flags in the background of the first one! Super job!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so right - this is a great patriotic set! Love what you did today!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Incredible job with this set! There is something so special about patriotic cards. The distressed flag is wonderful and I LOVE your first card with the eagle!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never sent July 4th cards either, but with these sets, I will start. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great cards. I especially like the first one. Great stamping on this and the paper strip at the bottom was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gees, Renee! Make cards much! You guys all put me to shame but leave wanting to try harder and do better! Thanks so much to all the WMSDT members!
    Let love light your way and keep on stamp in'!
    Melinda - Winter Bear Trading

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous cards! I agree that this set could be used for so many holidays besides the 4th! This is one of the best patriotic sets I've seen!
    {hugs}
    Indy

    ReplyDelete
  27. What wonderful creations with this new release. Beautiful patriotic cards.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your flag card! Great distressed look!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Renee, these are FABULOUS!!! I was busy Writing evaluations last night and only had time to skim through the pinterest board and your designs really stood out. Like with your designs for last month's release I just wish I'd come up with ideas like these. Absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great projects, love the distressed stripes of the flag especially!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, Renee, you've done a Great job with the USA 1776 set!! All the cards are Amazing!! I esp like the first card - the flag and star background looks great, and I love that eagle image. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm not from the States, but I love what you have done with the new set. My favourite is the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the subtle checks from the 1776 stamp on the first card, but that flag you created on the second is fantastic. LOVE that you didn't press firmly and it's kind of varied. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yep...loved the distressed flag one. Cool effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Renee--your cards are amazing, and you have sold me this set. Big problem though--I cannot pin any of these photos. Can you fix?

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love these, my father in law loves anything with eagles or the flag,he is a veteran. I could make awesome cards for him with these.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fabulous selection of cards - I can see this set being used a lot! I love the Statue of Liberty card!

    ReplyDelete
  38. gorgeous cards! I love the stripes and how they look depressed into the cardfront. awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  39. These cards are beautiful! I really love the first with the Eagle and that gorgeous sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Terrific cards! Love the use of the Off Beat Backgrounds stamp to create the stripes. I've already purchased my USA1776 set. Can't wait to try them out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow! What awesome American cards. I love these new stamps. The cards you have made are truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing
    hugs Julie

    ReplyDelete
  42. Slow getting around...time/busy factor....love these cards!! The BG I ages with eagle and sentiment with just a touch of color and the fabulous flag are my favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love all your cards, but like you, the first is my favorite: I really like the versamark stamped background!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love what you created with the new sets.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Loving all of your patriot card. I especially like the versamark background and the artistic stripes of the flag card.

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a fabulous way to combine different stamp sets Renee. Love the flag - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a great selection of cards! I like your flag one - very clever use of other stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  48. These are all fabulous card Renee, my favourite is the cleverly stamped flag using the plaid border, ingenius!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love your cards, especially the stamped flag!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Renee I love these cards and this set! But I especially love the detail you did on the flag by over stamping some of the areas etc.! You have such an eye for detail! What a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Awesome cards, Renee! That first one is especially perfect--love the watermarked background on kraft!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...