Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Little More Waltzingmouse Inspiration

Good morning!
Hope your week is off to a good start!
Have you caught some of the incredible inspiration to be found over at the Waltzingmouse Blog Party?
This month's theme is SUMMERTIME FUN and Claire has some gorgeous and fun sets that fit the theme perfectly...
and there's still time to join in!
You can get the details HERE and can't wait to see what your idea of Summertime Fun is!

But today I'm back for a little more inspiration using the gorgeous new sets Claire released recently...
USA 1776 and Country Labels 4.
Have you had a chance to play with them yet?
I have to tell you that I've had a hard time putting USA 1776 down...
it's such a gorgeous set and I never knew I needed it until Claire designed it...
how does she do that?
Each set is so perfect you wonder how you ever lived without it?
Anyway...
since I had a hard time putting it down here's a little more USA 1776...

WMS USA 1776

I paired up USA 1776 with Bitty Banners for this one...
just stamping and draping them across the top of my cardbase...
aren't they perfect together?
And if you possibly look closely you'll see that I used a patterned paper from Authentique's Glory...
it has a light text background to it...
but I stamped over it using some of the fireworks and star images... 
and that gorgeous sentiment...
all from USA 1776.
Simple...
just the way I roll.

Up next I wanted to show USA 1776 being used for something other than 4th of July so with my hubby in mind I created this simple little ditty...

WMS USA 1776

He loves eagles...
former military...
and when he saw this image he actually smiled and said "Cool!"...
which for him and referring to my stamping goodies is the equivalent of... 
"WOO-HOO!! JACKPOT!!" 
*giggle*
So I stamped the eagle in black on a 1 3/4" kraft circle...
tea staining and distressing the edges slightly.
The star background is from Way Out West...
and I selectively inked the Happy Birthday sentiment from Man of the Hour...
and I did that because I don't know exactly who this card will be from seeing as I'm 6 months early for his birthday (that's NEVER happened...and probably never will again!) and figured I could stamp the inside with a "Dad" sentiment if needed.
A few small die cut stars that...even though you can't see...also have a little Glossy Accents applied finished this off.
Again...
super simple.

OK...
that's it for me today...
but you need to go by and visit KELLY and LYNN because they're going to have some more amazing inspiration using these gorgeous sets for you!
Hope you have a fabulous week...
until next time!

 

Happy 4th
Cardstock: PTI Rustic White
Patterned Paper: Authentique Glory
Ink: SU Real Red, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake
Twine: The Twinery

Happy Birthday
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, True Black
Ink: Memento
Dies: PTI


11 comments :

  1. These are wonderful! I especially love the subtle stamping on the first one, those fireworks are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty patriotic banner with the subtle fireworks in the background Renee - and the card for your husband is a great example of using this set for a non 4th purpose!!

    ReplyDelete

  3. These two cards are amazing. I love your itty bitty banners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card, Renee! I'm so disappointed that I didn't link up to the WMS blog party yesterday-- I had the perfect card for it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee your cards today are just breathtaking, the banners on your first card are so perfect! You make me wish I was an American!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stamped background is wonderful and those banners--wow, just amazing! Love your eagle design too! At first glance I thought it was navy instead of black!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAS perfection, Renee! These stamps look amazing on both of these! I especially love that banner though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did i miss this one? Love your use of the banners and all those fireworks. I also Love the card for Patrick...i am going to be casing that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh, love these Renee! I think I need to go shop .... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...