Saturday, June 15, 2013

Going Navy

WMS


Good morning!
Hope your weekend is off to a great start...
maybe sleeping in...
pancakes for breakfast?
It's a gorgeous sunny day here in the South...
and we'll be headed to the ballfield later this evening for the trophy ceremony and fireworks.
The kids always love the fireworks and I have to admit for a small town little league...
they do put on a great show.
Hunter loves the "pops"!
She may not be able to see them but she hears quite well and giggles from surprise with every "pop"...
so I know it'll be a fun night.

But I'm popping in very quickly with a little ditty I conjured up this morning after seeing Laurie's project yesterday for the June Friendly Feature on the Waltzingmouse blog.
If you happen to have missed it you can catch it HERE.
But am I the only one who sometimes forgets what they have in their stash...
and what all is included in a particular set?
I should be embarrassed to admit it but I do it all the time!
I'm just going to blame it on the kids versus the explanation that maybe...
possibly...
there could be too much stuff in my little arsenal.
But when I saw the rope elements from Very Vintage Labels 3 that she used in a "nautical" fashion...
that's all it took...
she had me at nautical...
so of course I had to pull mine out! *wink*

WMS

I cut 1/4" strips of MFT Nightshift Blue...
which if I haven't mentioned is the deepest... 
darkest... 
navy I've found to date and I am head-over-heels in love with it...
want to use it on everything...
but I cut the strips and then spaced and adhered them onto a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of white cardstock.
Then I cut the coordinating size die to fit the stamped label from Waltzingmouse Very Vintage Labels 3 that I had stamped onto a separate piece of cardstock in yellow...
popped my panel with foam tape to give a little dimension.
I then die cut an anchor from a Hero Arts/ Sizzix set that I picked up at Archiver's (it's an exclusive so you can only get it there if you're interested...there's 4 different anchor stamps included in the set as well and I used a 30% coupon which never hurts! *wink*) from red cardstock and adhered it flat.
That cute sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Half Pint Heroes...
thought it fit perfectly!
All of this was then adhered onto a white cardstock base and it was all done!
Now I can't wait to make some up using and mixing different colors...
navy/red/green/yellow/turquoise...
the possibilities are endless!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend...
full of sunshine and fun!
But don't forget that Monday is the 17th which means Waltzingmouse "Party" time!
This month's theme is SUMMERTIME FUN and you can get all the details HERE.
Can't wait to see what you create!
Until next time...


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Very Vintage Labels 3, Half Pint Heroes
Cardstock: MFT Nightshift Blue; PTI Stamper's Select and Pure Poppy
Dies: Spellbinders, Hero Arts/ Sizzix
Ink: SU Night of Navy, Memento Cantalope

9 comments :

  1. Renee your card is beautiful and wow that is such a deep navy. I love it. The anchor is soo perfect inside the frame. Awesomely nautical. The forgetting what you have, oh yes, I think we all do. I usually stumble upon the perfect stamp or paper after I have made do with something else. The trophy ceremony sounds wonderful. I hope you are the kids have a fantastic time! ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK! You and Laurie ROCK! This is adorable...I love both of your nautical creations so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super. Love all the navy and that red anchor. And, yes, I can totally relate to forgetting what I have. The best is forgetting what I ordered, and receiving a surprise package.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Renee! I might have to order some of that navy card stock.... do you have the ink to match or do you prefer the SU! Night of Navy? Are they a good match?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, this is so fun! I have not yet caught the nautical bug but from your card I see that you have been bit! So cute and that anchor is amazing, but that navy card stock from MFT is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Navy?! You?? :). Love this nautical beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, nautical perfection! I haven't pulled out this labels set forever, but it was just made for that anchor. The stripes are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Renee, I missed this one because of the busy weekend. What a great nautical card ,loving the bold navy strips and clean crisp look of this one! Nice way to keep it simple and yet it holds a bold look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally catching up with some blog reading here. LOVE your card!! So glad I could provide an itty bit of inspiration. Funny, I just ordered a pack of the MFT navy paper this morning (with their 25% off sale), because I love it so much - I'm in good company! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...