Tuesday, June 11, 2013

More WMS May Release Inspiration

Good morning!
Whew!
I just realized it's been a week since I last posted...
and spent most of it getting a girlie ready for the ACT this past Saturday...
the rest has been spent at the ballfield.
Tonight's our last game though.
A part of me is kind'a glad it's over because we're going to see mid 90's this week and I remember back when Robert was in ball (he didn't stick with it for more than a few years) and went to AllStars...
I kept hoping his team would lose so we could get out of the full on sun and 100 degree temps...
but Ryder is loving it so much more and really getting the hang of it so the other part of me is sad to see it end.
Even though we were at a game Sunday afternoon and he was coming into 3rd and it was such a close call it could have gone either way...
we're talking within a second in timing...
but he was called out and as he was coming off base the look that he gave the little boy who got him out...
I jumped out of my chair and took off because I thought he was about to rear that little fist back and slug him!
I pulled him to the side amid tears of anger and we had a serious discussion about sportsmanship and how even the best of the best get out and since he's only playing teeball on one little league field out of 5 million across the country and not for a pro team with a contract worth millions of $$$...
shake it off and know he tried his best.
Oh! And...
there's NO crying in baseball!
*smile*
But I guess we may be glutton's for punishment because we're signing him up for fall ball.
It's not as hectic as spring ball...
but it'll help keep him in practice and hopefully even help him improve on hitting off the pitch because tonight he'll be leaving the tee behind.

But you're here to see a little more Waltzingmouse inspiration using the new USA 1776 and Country Labels 4...
right?
Well...
since so far I've only managed to show USA 1776 because I've had so much fun playing with it...
and I still have more...
today I thought I would focus on the equally gorgeous Country Labels 4.

Waltzingmouse Country Labels 4

Here I used the sweet little birdhouse from Country Labels 4 along with the branch and cherry blossom blooms from Asian Gardens to create a "snapshot".
I masked off and inked around a cloud die cut to create the background...
then stamped the branch and adhered the fussy cut blooms.
Now I do realize cherry blossoms are pink...
but I wanted mine yellow so we'll just forget that one little detail for today...
k? *wink*
I then die cut a polaroid frame out of navy cardstock which I then adhered onto some white that I stamped the sentiment which is also included in Country Labels 4.
Adhered all of this onto a kraft cardstock base with a little washi on each side...
a few navy pearls finished it off.

Next up is a super simple little ditty...

WMS Country Labels 4

I cut the adorable house image and adhered it onto a white cardstock base that I had stamped with the leaf image and sweet sentiment from Country Labels 4.
I added a few score lines over on the side for a little extra detail.
I think a set of cards like this would not only be easy to mass produce...
but also a great little gift to tuck into a basket with some fresh baked cookies...
maybe some homemade jam and bread.

And lastly...

WMS Country Labels 4

I die cut and stamped the gorgeous polka dot frame using SU's Gumball Green onto rustic white...
then stamped that adorable house and sentiment again in navy.
Adhered it to a navy cardstock base that I had also adhered a country print from Simple Stories Summer Fresh...
a navy fishtail...
some red grosgrain ribbon...
and a red button and twine finished it.
Super simple!

Well...that's it's for me today but make sure to stop by and visit the wonderfully talented
Sandie and Jeanne ...
for some more inspiration using these 2 new gorgeous sets!

Don't forget about the upcoming Blog Party this month on the 17th...
the theme this month is SUMMERTIME FUN ...
and you can get all the details on Claire's blog HERE!

Claire is also running a sale on all in stock Spellbinder's to make a little room for new incoming goodies...
30% off until Friday.
Check out Claire's blog HERE for details!

I'll be back soon...
until then!



Home Sweet Home
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Country Labels 4, Asian Gardens
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Kraft; MFT Nightshift Blue
Dies: PTI Polaroid; Lil' Inker's Clouds
Ink: SU and Memento
Misc: washi tape, pearls

Happiness:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Country Labels 4
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select
Ink: SU

Happiness #2
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Country Labels 4
Cardstock: PTI Rustic White; MFT Nightshift Blue
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories Summer Fresh
Dies: Spellbinder Labels 4
Ink: SU
Misc: button and twine

14 comments :

  1. Wow you are getting some heat, please send it north because we are not getting it. I do remember wishing for a loss to escape the weather. All Gorgeous creations Renee! Country Labels is en route to me now! I adore the scene you created by inking on your first card, you know i love CAS and finally Summer Fresh is hoarded here. Can't cut it but it look fantastic with the navy blue and green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are so YOU Renee...especially the first one with the navy and yellow. I love that idea to use the branches and cute birdhouse. Great idea (and one I plan to CASE)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Renee! Couldn't wait to see what you made this time! Love the little polaroid scene with the birdhouse and that amazing cloud background. Love it! The second is so clean looking and as always you let the stamp take center stage (as it should!!) The yellow and green and that bit of embossing is simple elegance! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "There's no crying in baseball!" Love it!
    I love your cards, too, Renee! That first one with the scene in the polaroid frame is especially fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee - what a wonderful selection of cards from the ultra CAS one to the more shabby look - just fab!

    Sounds like summer has arrived in force with you guys. It's lovely here today - blue skies and sunshine. I just wish I could pack it and take it back to the UK with me on Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww the game sounds so fun but I know what you mean kind to nice to take a break. I hate those close calls! Wouldn't want to sit out in the hot sun either.
    Ok the cards.... Love all three of them I was thinking I didn't need Country labels, Love the yellow and navy but my favorite has to be that clean and simple middle card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all wonderful Renee! The design on the first one - soooo adorable and Lovely and cool - all at the same time -love it! And the house + label must have been made for that SS Collection -so perfect together!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these peeks!! love the branch with the birdhouses and blooms!! so cute! and that simple little lone house is so understated and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of these!! My heart "pitter patters" for the Asian garden flowers and birdhouse and colors.....big smile!! I soooo need to get a chance to play with the new sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little birdhouse is so adorable against the puffy clouds. Love the yellow blooms and of course the navy! And the second card is pure CAS perfection! Hope the last teeball went off well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all wonderful. I think my fave is the first--what a brilliant photo. And, I always love hearing about your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all just so pretty. I am especially smitten with the little scene you created in the Polaroid frame. Love the striped borders along the sides. Your story about Ryder gave me such a giggle--I can totally see my little guy doing that. He takes all competitive activities very seriously. So glad you were able to teach him a great lesson and have a funny story to remind him of in years to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE those Asian Branches with the little birdhouse! So cheerful. That CAS design with the yellow house (my fave kinda house!) reminds me of Warren Kimble...charming, simple, primitives get me every time. And you can never go wrong with this set and some Simple Stories paper! (The I Heart Summer 6x6 is on its way from Rusty right now...:) I am doing SO BAD with my New Year's Resolution of only buying 6 pads this year...I think I broke that by April, eeeek!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...not sure how I missed both of these cards! They are just amazing and I love how you have used this new set from WM and I am even happier that I have it too! I love all that nave and yellow, so pretty together. And after seeing that fabulous little tree, I now I have Asian Gardens on my wish list. Just too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...