Monday, June 17, 2013

Summertime Fun...Waltzingmouse Blog Party

Hello, Hello!
Well today's the 17th and you know what that brings...

Waltzingmouse Blog Party...
YAY!!
This month's theme is quite literally fun...Summertime Fun!
*giggle*
What's your idea of summertime fun?
Is it pool, pinwheels and lazy days in the sun...
maybe gardening with veggies and/or flowers...
possibly hitting the beach? *wink*
Claire has so many sets that could be used with this theme that I had a hard time narrowing it down but in the end...
this Southern girl who lives in the middle of the country with not an ocean in sight...
went to the beach!
And since I know there's lots of stops along the way...
I'm not going to keep you long and just gonna jump right in...

WMS My Island

I used Waltzingmouse My Island for this one...
along with my favorite hoard papers of the moment...
Fancy Pants Down by the Shore.
I kept it simple... 
just stamping the sun image in yellow then going over the bottom portion with a little orange.
I love how Claire separated the sun and water into 2 different images...
makes it so much easier to stamp the various colors and so easy to line up too.
I then used the smaller island image to stamp on top of the sun and water.
I cut a rectangle "polaroid" out of orange cardstock...
I wanted it to at least resemble a photograph (does it work?).
Stamped that fabby sentiment (also from My Island) in SU Night of Navy on kraft...
adhered and finished off with a button and twine.
Adhered all of this onto a kraft cardbase with a strip of MFT Nightshift Blue that was embossed using SU's Stripes embossing folder...
along with a strip of the gorgeous Hibiscus blooms from Down by the Shore.

That's it for me...
super simple...
as always.
But make sure to hop around and see all the inspiration to be found...
I know I'm going to...
and join in the fun!
You can get all the details HERE...
and there's plenty of time to link up since this party goes for 24 hrs!

And...
I'll be back tomorrow...along with Lynn and Kelly...with a little more inspiration using the gorgeous new sets USA 1776 and Country Labels 4.
Till then!


Summer
Stamps: Waltzingmouse My Island
Cardstock: MFT Nightshift Blue; PTI Stamper's Select, Orange Zest, Kraft
Patterned Papers: Fancy Pants Down by the Shore
Ink: SU
Misc: SU Stripes embossing folder, button, twine, PTI Fabulous Frames

24 comments :

  1. Your papers are perfect for this summer beach card Renee! and it set the tone for your wonderful color choices! I can just feel those ocean breezes coming through those palm trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wish list is going to be huge by the end of this Blog Party Renee! Fantastic card, love the island in the frame and the pretty patterned paper in the background. Very tropical, good job for an inlander. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh....I dream of sitting beach side, with my toes in the sand and a fancy umbrella drink in my hand. Your adorable card just takes me there, even though I'm such in an office building! Thanks for the virtual vacation. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess we're both going to where the sun and sand are for our summer blog party Renee!! Love how you created such an inviting scene. Your framing is so fun, especially with the cute little sentiment flag along the bottom! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rene this card should be published ….it is perfectly amazing and drop dead gorgeous! The colors , prints and solid navy just beautiful to look at! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Renee!!! Love your vision of summer - my island looks fabulous here! Love how you inked it up with all different colors, and the flowery print paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I want to be on that island with a cold beverage and a good book!! Love your card and how you created the polaroid frame - it definitely works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is one of my all-time favorite "Renee" cards! Love the orange polaroid look and the cute sentiment you chose. I really love this one Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, your summer looks just like mine. I love this set, and the card that you made with it. So summery and such fun. I think I need to get that paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your beautiful stamping mixed with the perfect paper choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renee, that background paper is so sweet and looks so fabulous with your tropical paradise...and I love that you made your own Polaroid frame too, so smart and so stinking clever of you! Wonderful card...

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabby intagram vibe you gave the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can't beat that stamp for representing Summer can you? All the bright colours against the kraft are totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renee ..fantastic card ..amazing colours and just love flower background :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your colors and how you set the beach scene into that window! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. BEAUTIFUL details Renee! I'm a big fan of the beach~so this touches my heart in a big way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card--I love the background paper you used, and the embossing--makes me want to go to the beach!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cheery card Renee!!! I love it, it's a smile on a card!! hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do like the background paper you've used - just perfect with the lovely beach scene. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what a gorgeous card! Love your design and great use of the patterned papers. LOVE your framed beach scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card definitely screams summer (in a good way of course!). Gorgeous stamped image and a fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, Renee!! Love how well the stamped images go with the patterned paper. Great design, and just the perfect feel of summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh so beautiful and cheery! I love that paper. Seriously, when do I not say that on your blog? When you use paper, I feel like I need (or already own) it. It's like we have the same paper brain, hee! Love the textured stripes...reminds me of a beach towel! The little sunset scene is perfectly stamped!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovin these colors....kraft, navy, and orange...wonderful! Polaroid is perfect and love the sentiment on a tag!! I'm only 3 1/2 hours from the beach and haven't been this year...shameful!! BTW- I'm scared of heights too...just love that balloon though!! Well, I can do planes but, not much else!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...