Sunday, June 2, 2013

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Hello!
Hope you've had a great weekend...
with lots of sunshine and fun.

If you've been around this little piece of blogging real estate lately you know that it's been quiet a lot of the time...
end of school year...
Mother's Day...
a little guy's birthday...
and teeball.
It's where you'll find us most nights...
though the season is about to come to an end and we don't know if his team will go to All Stars or not...
part of me hopes we don't because it's SO hot when they start...
but the other part hopes they do because he's having so much fun with it and we all love going and cheering them on.
Thought I would pop in and share some of the pics I've taken of my little guy in action...

Take me out to the ballgame

This is warming up before the game starts...
he's down and ready now...
but once it becomes official he's usually not so good at being ready.

Take me out to the ballgame

This is where he likes to be...

take me out to the ballgame

and what he looks like when he's almost knocked the skin off the ball.
Maybe a slight exaggeration but I'm pretty sure there was smoke coming off it.
OK...
maybe another exaggeration but it was an awesome hit that made it to the back fence...
and even though this one was off the tee...
he's getting better at catching them off the pitch and the other night hit a triple. 

Take me out to the ballgame

This is his signature "I'm ready to flash to the next base" pose...
cracks me up because I don't know where he got this idea...
maybe he really is imagining himself as The Flash.


Take me out to the ballgame

And there he goes.
Good thing my camera's quick otherwise I would have never caught one of his Flash moves.

Take me out to the ballgame

And because he's 7...
silly...
and just having fun.

I need to get some shots of him getting out...
it's happened.
Sometimes he's struck out...
sometimes he's gotten out on base...
and it doesn't matter how or why...
he doesn't like it.
Helmets fly...
gloves thrown...
the look of pure fury on this sweet face...
and then tears.
I can't count the number of times I've told him...
"There's NO crying in baseball!"...
but if he gets out...
I just say it again as I hug and tell him he'll do better next time.
And he always does.
It's called learning.
He's gotta learn by making mistakes...
and it breaks my heart to see my little guy so upset but I can only be there to talk him through disappointments...
he has to figure out on his own how not to make the same mistakes again.

He was given game ball yesterday for the first time... 
because every time he stepped up to bat...
he brought his A game...
he came to play.
It may have taken almost an entire season...
and it is his first year playing...
the first year he even expressed an interest in the game...
up until this year the only interest in sports he's even had has been Wii Sports...
but he's learning.
And now... 
he wants all the game balls.

I did tell him I really thought I saw some smoke coming off the ball when he hit it once...
and you know what he told me...
"That only happens in tennis".

I'll blame that on Wii Sports.

7 comments :

  1. love that running actions hot!! great capture! in the short time i've know you he seems to have grown so much!! thanks for sharing a peek into your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious moments and precious pictures Renee. I bet one day you will make a lot of money on these pictures when he is a pro baseball star! As parents we hurt for our kids, we hug them and give they support when they cry, we tell them it will be better...whether they are a 7 year old boy or an 18 year old young man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, wonderful photos! Your lad looks like he's having a ball! Sorry, couldn't resist :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Renee, what a beautiful post! I loved every word you wrote about your sweet boy! You've got some great pictures too! I am so glad he got a game ball way to go! Big congrats for his big hit! I miss those days so much with my kids …enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are such wonderful pictures, Renee! You really captured some great action shots! He looks so much older this days. So glad he got the game ball--hopefully there will many more in his future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I LOVED this Renee! Wonderful blog post - loved seeing your little man - they grow up too fast - hug him extra tight!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG he is adorable! The last picture is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...