Friday, June 28, 2013

Waltzingmouse Release Day 2...Crackle and Crackle Mini

Hello everyone!
How did you like yesterday's peeks?
Are you in love with the absolutely-must-have Waltzingmouse You're A Doll and Additions?
Did you see the amazing projects I saw?
Well...then you know why I say they are "must-have's" right?
I am constantly amazed at how creatively talented this group of fellow DT members are...
and since we're back for more today...
I know there's going to be even more you'll want to add to your list.
Claire will be releasing 10 sets this Sunday, June 30th...
if you happened to miss something you can catch up with everything on Claire's blog HERE...
and today I'm back with some peeks of 2 more of those sets.

First up is Crackle Background and I paired it with You're A Doll because when I first caught a peek of the set I remembered my friend Kara posting a few months back a pic of a set of vintage, wooden Russian Nesting Dolls that had belonged to her husband's mother and he gave them to her for Valentine's because he knew she had always loved them...


You can find her original post HERE...
thanks for letting me share, Kara!
But I used these for the inspiration for this card...


Waltzingmouse June Release

I stamped this gorgeous doll from You're A Doll in SU Chocolate Chip onto Kraft cardstock and then using Copics colored her using red and brown tones...
and you know how with some vintage items they have a "crackled" look to them from just age...
I then stamped the Crackle Background over the top to give it the "aged" look I was going for.
I stamped that perfect sentiment that is also included in You're A Doll in SU Real Red...
and the gumdrops are because I made a stamping "whoops!".
Embellishment opportunity!
I just wish it had been in a slightly better position.
*giggle*

Next I made a couple of cards using the Crackle Mini...


Waltzingmouse June Release


Waltzingmouse June Release

Same as the Crackle Background...
just in a smaller pattern for the small jobs! 
I used to have some pictures that hung in my dinner room of fruit that had been painted on a crackle background and that's where the inspiration came for these note cards.
I used the pear and apple images from Peace and Plenty, colored them with Copics and then stamped the Crackle Mini on top.
Before matting and adhering to the cardstock I used a brush to paint some Mod Podge onto the image to give it a "painted canvas" look...

Waltzingmouse June Release

A simple sentiment from Say It With Style finished them both off.
A simple little ditty that maybe could make a great set of note cards for a gift...
easy to mass produce.

That's it for me today...
but make sure to stop by and check out what all the others were able to come up with using some of these new sets...
I can tell you that we're all not using the same sets so you really don't want to miss anything...


I'll be back tomorrow with a few more peeks...
till then!

15 comments :

  1. Gorgeous cards Renee, great start to the show:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards today Renee! I love how you added beautiful age to your doll just like the precious gift from my husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've shown off the crackled background Renee! The doll, the pear and the apple - all so lovely! How fun to be inspired by your friends 'weathered' nesting dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially love the pear and apple notecards Renee...that crackle finish looks beautiful on them. Your coloring is as always...amazingly realistic and how smart you were to add the modge podge to them for that extra-realistic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the doll with the crackle, it looks so antique/vintage, and the brushed canvas look is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh wonderful Renee! Love the vintage look you gave the Matryoshka doll and wow the fruit prints and that close up where I can see the gloss and the brush strokes is absolutely love at first site!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used the crackle finish! The addition of some mod podge looks so awesome. And your doll with the antique, weathered look is beautiful-love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these, Renee! Those notecards are wonderful and I love the vintage look of the doll card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, love that crackle background and great technique with the Mod Podge, super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your creations Renee, the doll paired with the crackle is ingenious! Love the vintage homely feel of this set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the crackle background with those fruits-and the nesting doll-fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Renee, each one of these looks like a painting. Just stunning with that crackle background. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh Renee.....those notecards look absolutely amazing and totally like art with the MP brushed over the top!!! BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful ...now I wish I ordered these sets, maybe it's a good thing I didn't see them .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...