Tuesday, June 4, 2013

WMS May Release Inspiration...USA 1776

Good morning!
Hope that your week is off to a good start!

So did you catch all the Waltzingmouse goodness last week during release festivities?
Weren't they all amazing?
I'm constantly in awe of the talent of this team and how one stamp set can inspire so many different ideas.
You may have also noticed that a few of us were absent during preview days and that's because we're here to help with some more inspiration now that your goodies hopefully have arrived!

Today I'm back with some more projects featuring USA 1776...
I have so many of them and actually had to make myself stop with this set because the ideas are just endless!
Claire has designed the perfect Patriotic set...
the Statue of Liberty...
fireworks...
sentiments...
that eagle.
Oh, how I love that eagle.
And I can predict that it will be making a lot of appearances on cards in the future.
BUT...
not today!
*giggle*
Today I'm going simple...

Waltzingmouse USA 1776

Joyce had sent me some die cuts of the city skyline from Memory Box right as I got a sneak peek of this set so I tucked them away and this was the first card I did when the sets arrived.
I backed the windows with some yellow cardstock and used the navy skyline she had sent...
she knows me well *wink*...
and then stamped the awesome firework images from USA 1776 in red, navy and yellow.
I adhered a few sparkly bling to hopefully bring to mind when they first go up and burst...
and then finished it off with the simple sentiment also included in USA 1776.

The next one could not get any more simple...
but it's actually one of my family's favorites...

WMS USA 1776

I stamped the firecracker and star images from USA 1776 multiple times across the front in SU's Real Red and Night of Navy...
and then I took the small burst image from Cicely at Halloween and inked only half in SU's Crumb Cake...
stamping off twice before stamping over the top part of the star to give it a "burst" effect.
My son liked it. :)
And that perfect Happy 4th sentiment again to finish off.
This would also make a great invite to that American tradition...
a 4th Bar-B-Que.
Easy to mass produce and since it's a one layer card...
easy on the budget to mail!

And my last one for today...

WMS USA 1776

I used the stunning Statue of Liberty image and the cut files that Claire designed to coordinate with USA 1776...
stamping in SU's Night of Navy ink.
I adhered this onto a rectangle of rustic cream that was then adhered onto a slightly larger red rectangle...
giving the edges a bit of tea staining beforehand.
Stamped that perfect sentiment in SU's Real Red...
and then adhered onto a rustic cream cardbase that I had also adhered a strip of patterned paper from Authentique's Glory line.
A little red washi tape finished it off.

That's it for me today and I hope that I've given a little more inspiration using this incredible set.
Make sure to pop over to see the amazing JENNIFER HOLMES... 
who's also showing some more projects using USA 1776 and Country Labels 4...
she always comes up with the best ideas and I can't wait to see what she's done with this gorgeous set!
I'll be back soon with more inspiration for you!

Till next time!

City Skyline
Stamps: Waltzingmouse USA 1776
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select, Lemon Tart; SU Night of Navy
Dies: Memory Box
Ink: SU Real Red, Night of Navy; Memento Dandelion

Firecracker
Stamps: Waltzingmouse USA 1776, Cicely at Halloween
Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select
Ink: SU Real Red, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake

Statue of Liberty
Stamps: Waltzingmouse USA 1776
Cardstock: PTI Rustic Cream, WP9 Cupid's Bow
Patterned Paper: Authentique Glory
Ink: SU Real Red, Night of Navy
Misc: washi tape

19 comments :

  1. Your cards are fabulous Renee - as always! Want to go home and play more with these wonderful sets - thanks for the inspiration!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome, Renee! I just love the skyline with the fireworks! And the glowing windows!! The little fireworks one would be a perfect invitation to send out for a party. And your elegant Statue of Liberty with the gorgeous Authentique paper, yippee! So glad I have some of THAT ;) Looking at this lovely inspiration sure is a happy way to start my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all fabulous, Renee! I love the skyline with the lights in the windows with the fireworks filling the sky!

    Your firecracker card is so fun with the wonky placement...it just screams CELEBRATE!

    Your Lady Liberty card is brilliant with the vintage papers and the great heritage colors. Love them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee all your cards are so fantastic! I love the firework exploding over the skyline--so fun, but then you do it again with all the firecrackers--fun again. The Statue of Liberty card is beautifully patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all just fabulous. And, you know which one I love the most, right? Perfect with that cityscape. Un-privatize, or whatever you do so I can PIN! and I'll be casing that card as soon as my stamps arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee - these are just terrific! Love the skyline with the fireworks - just perfect! And Lady Liberty looks pretty fab too! Great cards!

    Can't wait to get mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the skyline scene card you created. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful job making this set shine! I love them all - the skyline is classic and fun, the firecrackers look fab - and of course Lady Liberty taking center stage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy I have this little set in my hands! I love everything you've done here Renee! Your city skyline from Joyce with the Fireworks overhead is gorgeous! I know this set is going to be a favorite of mine from a long time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Renee! That Statue of Liberty card is amazing!!!! The paper, stamps, and the pop of red from the Washi (genius!) are just fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such beautiful cards! love the fireworks and the statue of liberty is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE them all!! Now....my FAV might be the fireworks over the skyline or maybe the Lady Liberty!! Decisions....decisions!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are SO awesome! The fireworks & skyline look fantastic and I love the CAS design with the firecrackers! But your last card is AMAZING! The popped up statue of liberty, that very cool patterned paper and your accent of red--just spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an amazing trio of cards Renee...you have outdone yourself! I love that cute firecracker card and you were so smart to come up with the little bursts around the flames. I like the third card the best though...that Statue of Liberty is so neat in navy! This set was made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. three great creations Renee! Love the fireworks display over the cityscape! and the great layered Miss Liberty - I can just hear all those fire crackers popping on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards, Renee! I think the first one is my favourite-- what a great diecut skyline! I love the fireworks going off over top of it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Renee, all three of your cards are fabulous but your first one is a stunner! I love that cityscape with your wonderful fireworks, just fabulous! So happy that I have everything so I can CASe your fabby card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! These are fantastic Renee! I love that she made a USA set! My first card is my favorite with the fireworks and skyline! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are fantastic, Renee, and I would be all over this awesome set if I made July 4th cards. LOL! Love the fireworks in particular, but your CAS firecrackers are so fun with the sense of motion across the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...