Wednesday, July 31, 2013

12 Kits of Occasions - July

Good morning!
Can you believe that July has come and gone already?
I have 3 kiddos who I will be dropping off for their first day of school tomorrow...
and though we're all ready for it...
I don't know where the month...
the summer...
has went!
But since it is the last day of the month you what that brings...
Wait!
Is something different?
*giggle*
Yup!
As we look forward to 2014 and making plans we decided to evolve just a little more and with it we felt that an adjustment to the name was in order since our group doesn't just cover holidays...
but all occasions.
Don't get me wrong...
we're still going to have Christmas on rotation since that's the whole reason we started this incredible group of ours almost 2 years ago...
but there's so many occasions for cards and we wanted to expand on that aspect just a little more.
But that's not all that's changed...
we now have a blog that you can access everyone from one central point...
The 12 Kits of Occasions can be found HERE and we would love it if you follow along with us as we grow.
You'll notice that it'll be going through a few changes over the next few weeks...
a new look...
backlinking to past posts and projects...
but you'll also be able to get peeks into our crafty spaces...
upcoming kits and projects...
and there could be occasional prizes up for grabs so you won't want to miss all that will be happening over there.
We're also on Facebook and you can find us HERE.
We'll be posting to it throughout the month as well and giving a headsup to things happening on the blog so feel free to Like us so you don't miss anything.

And now onto the reason you stopped by!
Following tradition we're still having our reveal of the month's projects from the kit on the last day of each month...
and this month our incredibly fun kit came from the amazing Christina who loaded us up with all kinds of fun goodies...
you can see a pic of them at 12 Kits HERE...
and here's what I came up with using some...
though definitely not all...
the ingredients...

12 Kits- July

And since gold...
and embossing...
is SO hard to photograph...

12 Kits- July

You also get to see that fabby glitter tape Christina included up close and personal!


12 Kits- July

I loved these adorable Chinese take out images...

12 Kits- July

I used sequins and bling to mimic "wishes" going up...
did it work?

12 Kits- July


12 Kits-July

LOVE the fun cuppie images and do I need to tell you how much I LOVE those Lil' Inker's balloons?
That's all I have for now though...
but with so much left over and I know once I see all the creative ways everyone else able to come up with using these incredible supplies...
I'm going to want to do some CASE'ing!
And with the kiddies back in school...
I may actually find the time...
YAY!!!...
Once I repair all the disrepair that has been heaped upon my house from 9 weeks of them being home that is.
Seriously...
I gave birth to THE most destructive, tornatic child ever conceived...
I don't even know how he does it!
Hubby says we should have probably named him Pigpen.
But isn't there a quote from someone about geniuses being destructive or chaotic or something to that effect?
Oh, well...
just the thought that his little mind is just too busy and that's why he is the way he is possibly may make me feel a little better...
gives a little glimmer of hope for the future instead of fear of future jail time.

OK...so now's a good time for you to head over to The 12 Kits Blog to find everyone and see what they were able to do...
plus Christina will have kit supplies listed for you there...
and if I'm not mistaken she's also got a little giveaway you might be interested in! *wink*
Go HERE to get all the details!

Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week and I'll see you soon!

16 comments :

  1. I can't believe your kids go back to school tomorrow! I don't want to think about back to school yet.....la la la la la!!
    Anyway, love your gorgeous cards! With all of these bright colors, you managed to make some really sophisticated cards too! Love those cupcakes all in a row! I think I need them now and those balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A messy house full of love and noise is better than an empty house clean and quiet......most days......... sometimes anyway! :) lol,no jail time ....
    Ok onto your beautiful cards! Love the wishes going up my favoriate, I hope sequiens are here to stay because I love them. What agreat idea to ,make that first one in black and gold ...very stunning! Great job here and thanks for all your help this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have been busy for DAYS on these cards Renee...love them all, but the fortune cookie cards are my favorite...love the one with all the sequins on it the best. Your new blog design is really professional...love all the work you have put into it and I am so glad you have a dedicated blog for your 12 Kits group...over 800 cards in it, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good things here for me! Wow you have been a busy girl! They are all so different too! The first is so classic and formal with the gold foil, glitter and embossing - the fortune cookies are so fun and whimsical. I love the spray of bling, and oh my all the colors on the row of sweets is fab! The last one I definitely want to case - so clean yet - packed with good things! The button looks like its weighting the balloons down and so fun. You have enough cards for everyone on your list - all different styles to fit each one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are all so wonderful, Renee! That little fortune cookie is adorable! But I think that first one is my favourite-- with the gold flag and embossing-- so elegant and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee...wow! It is nice to see you use patterned paper and on more than one card too! Each one of your cards is just so fun and party ready! My favorite is your sneak peek card, that black with the white and shiny gold is so stunning and looks so black tie to me. Love, love, love it!!! and if I were Joyce, I love it so much I could marry it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just knew you'd have lots of ideas for me to CASE this month! Your first card is so incredibly elegant--wow! Love the pairing of gold and glitter. Your fortune cookies are adorable, especially the clean second design with the sprinkling of sequins and gems. And the next time I need to color some of those cupcakes, I'm inviting you right over. Those look incredible, especially with the striped paper. Awesome work this month, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun, fun post Renee! I absolutely love what you did with the kit! How creative you are! I think my fave is the delish cupcake one, but it's hard to choose!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love these cards! And I'm super excited about your new blog. I think this group is so fun and I love seeing everyone's creations each month. And I'm really excited about the supply list feature as I'm always wanting to get some new goodies after I see everyone's creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful set of cards. Sure looks like it was a fun kit to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so wonderful. I'm glad I am finally home and able to see them! I love how you have used so much patterned paper on them (but I know that you still have a whole lot left, since Christina sent so much). And, I am loving the new look on your blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards, Renee! Love the elegance of the first one and the wonderful way you used the patterned papers throughout! The fortune cookies are fabulous--great design with the patterned one and I adore the sequin wishes on card #2. Your cupcakes are probably my favorite--all the fun colors and the stripes! And of course, those balloons are adorable--another fantastic LI product that I need to add to my wish list. Love your new blog design too--VERY, VERY COOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card kit that must be if you created all these lovlies from it Renee! Love the gold embossing - it always adds so much to a card - and the fortune cookies are SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renee my dear, would you please package up your crazy awesome talent and put in an envelope addressed to me ASAP! Love all your creations, the gold banner, the glitter tape placed just right, bling and sequins that actually go together perfectly, beautiful Copic colouring too. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh goodness.......sorry it's taken me week to comment! I looked at everyone's creations while on vacation and its been crazy busy back at work this week! I love your row of cupcakes all colored up (awesome coloring btw) but what I like the most is the striped paper up and down!! The use of the gold banner on the first one was genius to tie in with the sentiment!!! Lovely as always Renee!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Renee that first card is a showstopper! I love the gold, it looks great :) The second fortune cookie card has perfectly placed sequins...niiiice! And the balloon card is too cute. You did a great job this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...