Monday, July 29, 2013

A Bedtime Story

Hello, Hello!
Welcome to the first ever Waltzingmouse Stamps Pajama Party!


I'm cozy in my jammies, glass of sweet tea at hand and ready to come see what you've created with some new...
and possibly older...
but before I do I wanted to show you the first ever Bedtime Story Sketch...

You'll have a week to show us what you've created for this fun little ditty but if you need just a little inspiration the DT is also playing along tonight and here's what I was able to come up with...

WMS Bedtime Story #1

Keeping it simple as always!
Probably the most daring thing with this is the fact that I had a razor in my hand. *giggle*
Even though 3 of my kiddos head back to school in just a few days...
it's still summer and I still have lots of my favorite papers of this season on hand...
Fancy Pants Down By the Shore...
and this hibiscus paper coordinated perfectly with the hibiscus images found in Free Spirit Boy so I went with it!
Those beautiful blooms are cut and stamped on the angle...
just used a craft knife to cut along the straight line and scissors to cut around the blooms...
seriously...
dangerous work for the one who failed scissor cutting in kindergarten...
but I'm experimenting with living on the edge and extreme sports in crafting lately so all's good. *grin*
That fabby sentiment is from My Island...
and I finished off with a little matting in the most perfect color in the world...
navy...
a few sequins...
and was all done!

Now in case I have any directions wrong...
and that is highly likely...
I'm going to direct you to Claire's blog HERE so that you can get the correct details...
and also see some incredible inspiration from my amazing DT friends!
Can't wait to see your interpretation of this fun new sketch...
see you soon!

12 comments :

  1. Gorgeous card Renee, love that patterned paper. Your new blog look is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly beautiful Renee! What an awesome match of that patterned paper with your lovely colored flowers. I don't think it's bad to be in your PJs, I'd live in mine if I didn't have to go to work...but you can bet that I'm rarely out of them on the weekends. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the deep colors of your beautiful flowers Renee! Perfect with that wonderful paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card with the bit of navy and the wonderful flowers cut with a razor! Cant wait to make a card from this sketch. You would love my PJ’s navy top and navy polka dot bottoms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty Renee!! love these tropical flowers...and the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the life of me I couldn't work out which set those blooms came from...until I read your funny blurb! The paper couldn't have gone more perfectly could it? All those striking colours look perfect against the pure white...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch, Renee! I love how you included the Fancy Pants patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you've coloured the stamped flowers to match that fabulous paper! Beautifully CAS! BTW - love the new look blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Renee...just so pretty! I love those fabulous flowers and such bright and cheery colors. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Navy, sequins, way cool sentiment...how can you go wrong?! Love this! Especially the way you trimmed out the flowers. And you found the perfect patterned paper to match.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you're hanging on to summer even though fall keeps calling us back to reality. The hibiscus are beautiful ! All the color and bit of bling make this extra ordinary! SO pretty Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your new blog look. Those flowers are perfect with this paper...may be casing that!! I have a craft knife-pretty much a razor and totally nervous when using it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...