Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Going Nautical in 10 Minutes

Good morning!
Hope your week has started off in a good way!
I've had this card done for days but we've had rain and storms which has caused my internet to be quite finicky and we haven't been on the best of terms lately...
but it looks like maybe today we'll be getting along a little better. *grin*

Now for the reason I'm popping in...


I decided to try the 10 Minute Craft Dash again...
and a big, warmhearted Thank You to Paulina for picking my first try at this as a favorite!
And if you know me then you know why I couldn't refuse giving this color challenge...
which I usually shy away from because I'm so incredibly horrible at them...
a go.
One word...
....
....
NAVY!! *giggle*
Have you tried this challenge?
What a rush!
When that timer starts and you know you only have 10 minutes to get something done...
phew!
And since I happen to have nerves of wet noodles...
this is how I can now justify telling people I participate in extreme sports...
I think I may even put that on a resume someday...
sounds adventurous, right? *giggle*

But here we are...

10 Minute Craft Dash

Since I still had Fancy Pants Trendsetter on my table...
and my anchor die and Waltzingmouse Half Pint Heroes from another project...
I decided to try and make more of a "girly" nautical...
we girls love us some nautical too! *wink*
Kept it really simple...
and what probably took up the most time was that washi tape!
I know...
you're wondering "what washi tape?", right?
That would be the aqua stripe at the bottom that because it didn't look good against the navy I went back and adhered it to white cardstock and then killed some time trimming it down.
And then because I really wanted to test the limits...
I decided to hole punch my die cut and add a little natural twine because I did it on another occasion and just like it.
No other reason...
just because.
And here's my time...

CSC_0855_01

Phew!
Right at the wire.
I don't know how the talented ladies on the DT manage to create such gorgeous samples in under 10 minutes...
I'm keeping things as simple as possible and look how long it takes!
I should be embarrassed right?
Good thing I do not embarrass easily...
which my kiddos will testify to that since they claim I do it to them constantly...
especially when I give them a big "smackaroo" in public where "GASP!"...
everyone is gonna see!
The horrors!
I make it even worse when I yell very loudly "HAVE A GOOD DAY BABY!  I LOVE YOU!".
They get that...and possibly more...
when I'm really upset with something they done. 
Gotta give 'em something to talk about in therapy someday, right? *giggle*

I'm also playing along with the current Simon Says Stamps challenge...By the Sea!



OK...so I'm off to wrangle the kiddos into something productive...
just over a week before 3 start back to school and we're all counting the days because we're at the point of driving each other nuts!
Hope you have a great day...
and a wonderful week!
Till next time!





14 comments :

  1. You rocked the card and the time, I LOVE LOVE LOVE those patterned papers and the navy anchor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fabulous. I think nautical is your thing. When your kids really start to get on your nerves, you can run off and join the Navy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! And in less than 10 minutes...you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perrr fect! and in 10 minute??..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Renee, the twine the colors and that awesome anchor. Thanks for playing with us in the 10 minute Craft Dash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute Renee! Great job making it in your time limit too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Renee! I just love reading your posts and seeing the wonderful cards you create. I think you're so great!
    Thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dint take long for you to want school to start up and it wont take long for you to be looking forward to the first break.
    LOVE this card! So fresh CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic Renee - I don't choose my papers in under 10 minutes so I'm super impressed! Love your design! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee...I see another winner here! This is one fabulous card, I love your "girly" take on it too. So fresh and fun. Love that you used patterned paper too, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had to giggle when you compared the 10 minute dash to extreme sports--so funny! Love, love, love this card--those papers are awesome and your design is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card & wonderful mix of patterns. I really like the addition of the twine to the anchor, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pattern papers and the anchor. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you agein.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had me giggling all the way through your post - extreme sports - hee hee!! Anyway, adore your finished card, loving the nautical look right now! Thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...