Friday, July 19, 2013

Going Nautical!

Good morning!
Hope you have sunshine and blue skies wherever you may be!
I'm looking out my front window as I type watching for my mom who is bringing me some fresh goodies from her garden...
corn on the cob...
okra...
tomatoes...
but I don't eat those...
they're squishy and wet and well...
those toddler eating habits of mine just will not allow me to go there.
But I do love me some fresh, fried okra and corn on the cob...
gonna go grab some chicken for grilling later and with a nice tall glass of sweet ice tea...
yum!
I do believe I'm looking forward to dinner tonight! *wink*
But we also have blue skies and sunshine as I look out my window...
and green grass!!
Normally by this time of summer...
we have brown grass that crunches when you walk on it...
but this has been an unusual...
nice but very unusual...
July here in this part of the South.
It's usually 110 in the shade and humidity so high my hair looks like I literally stuck my finger in a light socket...
oh the joys of curly hair when all I ever wanted was straight and spend an hour getting it there to only walk outside and have it spring up with an uncontrollable mind of it's own!
But we're comfortable right now...
had a little storm move through last night that cooled us a bit and gave us some rain...
and now my mama is bringing me fresh veggies!
I love livin' in the South!

And now you're ready for me to get to why you're here...right?
Well...I have managed to do something I very rarely accomplish...
a card...
for 2 challenges!!
I saw the inspiration pic for the new challenge site...
Curtain Call Challenge...

and what is the most perfect color in the whole wide world?
NAVY of course! *giggle*
And what goes hand and hand with navy...
NAUTICAL!!
My two most favoritest things in the whole wide world...
how I could I not play along?
And then when trying to decide what to do with my 2 most favoritest things in the whole wide world I came across this sketch at Freshly Made Sketches...
and decided to give it a go.
And here's what I came up with...

Curtain Call #1 and Freshly Made Sketches #95

I focused on the navy and yellow in the pic and used MME Kate & Co Oxford Lane papers to bring out those colors.
A die cut anchor from Hero Arts and the selectively inked sentiment from Waltzingouse Half Pint Heroes for the banners.
Added just a bit of natural twine to bring in a touch of that fabby straw hat element from the pic...
layered it all up and I was all done!

Here's to hoping you have a great weekend...
see you soon!

20 comments :

  1. This is so fabulous. Of course--what is better for a nautical look than Navy, right? Your weather sounds absolutely dreadful, but all the more reason to stay inside to craft, right? Love how you mixed and matched patterns on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on this sketch Renee. Great color combo. The twine is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at navy, Renee. Such pretty patterned papers, cute sketch and love that anchor. Love how you selectively inked your custom nautical sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so clean, crisp, and perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Graet papers and just love the big anchor! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making me hungry here Renee! You and the nautical here - I'm already going crazy! Love the stripes and the bright yellow color! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEEYYYY!!! I am loving that anchor! Did you cut that with a die?! This is so perfect, Renee. I love the addition of the WMS sentiment here - fits the nautical theme perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card Renee!! Love the stripes!! Our grass is a beautiful shade of brown right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect day! How fun that your mom is bring fresh garden food!
    Love this papers you used on this card and its just perfect ! You nailed the inspiration photo.
    I hear you on the hair and humidity. My hair would be a bit wavy with a mind of its own with humidity . My husband does not get it that is why I'm not a huge fan of tropical vacations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect nautical design--love the papers and of course the colors! LOVE your navy anchor!! Sounds like you are having a wonderful summer. The weather here has been unusually cool too and I'm enjoying every day. Just keeping my fingers crossed that August is as good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a VERY COOL card!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic creation, Renee! love the crisp mix of pattern and color! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, Renee! How did I know you'd rock a nautical challenge? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty Renee. Love the anchor and the way you used the colors. Thank you for playing along with us at The Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the scale of the anchor diecut. perfect focal point for this stunner! GREAT take on the inspiration. thanks so much for playing along with our inaugural Curtain Call Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun card girl!! I'm enjoying the veges too!! Tomatoes....that's like "navy" wonderful, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice mama you have! I wouldn't mind eating your card if it was food, Renee, it is just THAT delicious! You have nailed the colors of the IB and your execution is flawless! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great nautical card Renee! You definitely can't miss with navy and yellow! And an anchor, of course! ;-) Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I knew you'd rock this challenge with your love of navy! Such a fun mix of patterned papers and an awesome die cut anchor, plus that twine knot adds just the right bit of texture. Thanks for joining us for the first Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful Nautical card! Love the bold colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...