Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I'm Back!

Good morning!
After a little hiatus I'm back with the CA girls and 4 of a Kind...
though I couldn't find the little blog thingie for it so I think I'm gonna have to get someone to send it to me...
but anyway...
Marybeth had some other obligations come up and I did miss it so now I'm back!
And this month Cathy was the hostess and she sent such an incredibly gorgeous kit...
take a peek...


a travel theme with the most gorgeous colors...
reds and blacks...
right up my alley!
You can go over to her blog for a complete listing of ingredients but I'm just gonna show you what I came up with using this fabulously fun kit.
First up...
a couple of cards...

4 of a Kind


4 of a Kind


4 of a Kind

And since I don't scrapbook but there were so many great embellies that were perfect for a scrapbook page or two...
instead I did a travel journal...

4 of a Kind


4 of a Kind

I took a journal that I picked up in the $1 bin at Michael's and used all kinds of goodies from Cathy's kit on it...
papers...
embellies...
washi tapes...
and made a sweet little place to jot memories of trips...
place some photos...
tickets...
anything you want!

That's it for me but you'll want to swing by and check out what Cathy
                                                                                               Joyce 
                                                                                                Kim 
were able to come up with using these exact same ingredients...
and we'll be back again in October where yours truly will be hostess!
Hope you have a wonderful week and till next time!

12 comments :

  1. Such a fun kit! love your collage-y last card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it all worked out and you are all back together as you belong. I enjoyed taking your place for a bit.
    Love the kit Cathy sent out. Your heart card is great and different from all the rest love it! Love the journal page, so perfect for travel! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A travel journal? Shut up! Such a great idea and a great way to use those embellishments. I love that one Renee...and the black and cream card with the stripes...stunner! I also really like the heart card. Honestly, you thought so outside the box with your kit and I am so happy to see your interpretation of the kit. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee, these are all so classy and so elegant, just beautiful work! My favorite of your trio is your second with the large heart, just so clever and stunning and so perfect with that sentiment. Your final project/journal has that fun collage look to it using all the wonderful supplies that Cathy sent us, what a wonderful little book to use to record your travel memories, just too sweet. Love them all Renee and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee you created wonderful cards and project with Cathy's kit. Just gorgeous, I love the way you work you magic with kits! The travel journal is fantastic! Ii think if i had this kit i would have been greedy wanting to hoard all the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to have you back (but wish we had Marybeth, too) You really went to town with this kit. That gorgeous bow and giant heart is just wonderful. And, I could not think of a good way to use that double globe piece, and now I'm glad I saved it. I think your most brilliant idea was the travel journal, and I am going to use some of my leftovers to make one of those for myself--and then hope I can plan an exciting trip so I can use it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, Renee! Love the very stylish black & white stripes. And the heart is stunning! Great idea to make a travel journal too--love your fun collage! What a fabulous way to use some of the wonderful elements in Cathy's kit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic cards, Renee, and how genius to do a travel journal instead of a layout! That was one amazing kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness Renee! what wonderful travel cards! love the colors and images - that cut out heart card is so pretty! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fun kit and you did some really cool things here - the cut out heart - the neat double button on the first, ... but oh... my... the collage look on the last one takes my breath away! SO many fun things to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are awesome! i love the collaged card best...hard to do that right but you nailed it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...