Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Little More Inspiration...

Waltzingmouse Tying the Knot, Ocean Bound and Big Day-Today

Hello!
Hope everyone has had a great week...
maybe some new Waltzingmouse goodies have even landed in your mailbox and you've had a little time to play with them.
I had a lot of projects done up for this release and didn't want you to run screaming from too many pics on a single post so I saved a few projects for later and thought you might be ready for just a tad more inspiration.

Tying the Knot is the most gorgeous, versatile little nautical set you've ever seen!
Claire took various occasions that you can use a nautical theme for and packed them into this set...
encouragement...
friendship...
backgrounds and borders...
and weddings.
That's what I'm focusing on today!

First...
you have to have an invitation...

WMS Tying the Knot

For this I took a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 MFT Nightshift Blue cardstock and cut it down to 2 4 1/2 x 11...
then laying longways I scored at 2 3/4 and then again at 8 1/4.
I then used the leftover strip of cardstock to create a bellyband to wrap around...
scoring at 3 2/8 and then again at 7 3/4.
I masked off at my score lines with post it's and stamped the gorgeous rope knot heart included in Tying the Knot in Versamark and then heat embossed in white.

When the recipient opens...

WMS Tying the Knot

A gorgeous invite or even a Save the Date reminder.
I know mine is pretty empty...
but with NO wedding in sight in this house for what I hope will be quite a few more years...
I just wanted to show what you could do.
Plus my printer wouldn't take the cardstock...
sorry.
But you could even print on or attach a magnet sheet on the back...
those magnets work long after the big day...
ask me how I know?
There's quite a few on my fridge holding important notes as I type. *wink*

And of course if you receive a wedding invite you're going to need a card for the happy new couple...

WMS Tying the Knot

Super simple but I think simplicity speaks volumes.
I stamped the rope heart image from Tying the Knot again in SU Night of Navy onto white cardstock...
adding the simply perfect sentiments also included in Tying the Knot.
I did curve the rope image just a bit on my stamping block instead of stamping it straight to give it a little bit of a relaxed feeling.

And of course the happy couple will need Thank You's for guests and gifts...

WMS Ocean Bound & Big Day Today

For this one I took the anchor image from Ocean Bound and the gorgeous scripted sentiment from Big Day -Today and stamped in SU Night of Navy onto white cardstock.
I then cut 1/8 strips of MFT Nightshift Blue and adhered beneath the sentiment to finish off.

And that's it for me today!
The holiday season is fast approaching and we all know that there's quite a few engagements that happen this time of year...
wedding plans will begin...
and if nautical is a theme you may find yourself considering then hopefully I've given you a couple of ideas to get you started.
Claire has made this a theme that is super easy to accomplish with stunning results!

Want to remind you about Waltzingmouse Pajama Party coming up on the 30th...
you can get all the details on Claire's blog HERE ...
and we can't wait to see what you do with the incredible theme's!
Hope you have a fantastic weekend full of family and fun...
till next time!

13 comments :

  1. I am so loving that set but alas, no new stamps for me this month! These are just so simple and absolutely stunning Renee...I'm so tempted to get this set but unless all my friends start divorcing and remarrying I just don't know who I would send them to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well is it okay if I completely love everything about your cards, gorgeous navy Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to keep going, your designs are all so crisp and clean. How did you emboss without a stitch of white residue? !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Love your collage photo!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you have seen how I organize my pinterest boards Renee...guess I now need to have one that says Renee's cards...they no longer fit in my generic Cards by WM category...love the nautical cards you have been making, this really is your niche (are you sure you weren't a sailor in a past life?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous in every way. The cards are phenomenal, and your little photo collages are just wonderful. I guess I will need to take a look at that software, too. Either that or hire you to write my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your collage photos look awesome! I looked at the software today and plan to give it a try. I bought PS Elements and have never figured out how to use it!! Love what magic you did with one image, some sentiments and a dose of navy--just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! Love the white embossing on navy!! Hmmm....you did the collage photos with PSE....gonna have to check that out!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these Renee! what lovely ideas for this wonderful set - I may just steal your gratitude card design! (no weddings here either!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee! This is so beautiful! NAVY!!! Did you distress the edges with navy too? Great job on the fancy photos too!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all stunning and so very YOU! Your white embossing is especially gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post is so full of inspiration .....I am so glad I have all the stamps you used.....Gorgeous!!!! I love,love your style! Love the new look of your photos too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...