Friday, August 9, 2013

Waltzingmouse August Release...Big Day-Today, Pinstripe and Zig Zag Backgrounds

So here we are...
the final day of previews for 9 new Waltzingmouse sets that are being released tomorrow...
and I can't wait to show you what Claire has designed for today!
First up is Big Day-Today...

WMS Simple Sprig and Big Day Today

OK...you may have already seen this one somewhere but isn't that scripted font gorgeous...
how could I refuse using it? *wink*
You may also recognize this font from Big Day Essentials and Big Day Additions...2 stunning Wedding and Anniversary sentiment sets... 
and now Claire has created a gorgeous set for use everyday.
I paired this with Simple Sprig for an easy and simple card to send a special someone wishes for their special day.
I used the cut files for Two Step Sprig to cut the leaf sprig, stamping the leaves from Simple Sprig in SU's Gumball Green and then trimming down because I didn't want a lot of white space for this.
The blooms are stamped in Memento's Tangelo and popped with pop dots and the sentiment is stamped onto a strip of white cardstock and then popped up for dimension.
A few clear dewdrops added to the blooms and then again sprinkled around the sentiment.

My next project was inspired by this picture frame I ran across on amazon...
and I really think it's my favorite.


WMS Ocean Bound & Pinstripe


See something you may recognize?
The pinstripe!
I DIE over this Pinstripe Background and may have possibly used it on a few projects. *wink*
Claire added a little touch of distressing...
which for me is perfect because I can't tell you how many times I have had to start over on something because my background was "patchy".
Adding a little bit of distressing to it...
no one knows if you messed up or not...right?
Perfect! *grin*
But the best thing about this is that it's all one big stamp...
perfect for creating a background with one swipe!
No lining up...
no messing up...
perfect everytime!
I stamped it on white cardstock using SU Real Red and then took a couple of images from Ocean bound and stamped into the corners.
I then heat embossed the rope frame from Ocean Bound and the sentiment from Safe Harbor Sentiments in white onto MFT Nightshift Blue cardstock...
trying to keep a little bit of a "distressed" look to it as well...
then trimming down and adhering flat onto the card front.
Some red dewdrops around the frame and finally adhering all to a white card base.


The inspiration for my next project came from this simple pillow...




WMS Ocean Bound & Pinstripe Background

This is one of the first projects I did...
it's the sentiment.
It's my absolute favorite of all the sentiments included in Ocean Bound...
and there are some incredible ones...
but this is my favorite.
And look at that anchor!!
Is it not stunning?
Since I had a particular guy in mind for this...
because he is my anchor...
the calm to my chaos...
the reasoning to my impulsiveness...
my better half... 
and knowing him the way I do I kept this super simple.
Stamped the pinstripe background in Memento Summer Sky then it trimmed it down and adhered onto a slightly larger piece of Nightshift Blue to frame.
Stamped that incredible anchor from Ocean Bound in SU Night of Navy straight onto the pinstripe background...
then stamped the sentiment on a strip of white cardstock cut with MFT Fishtails...
then added a navy button and everything was adhered to a white cardbase.



WMS Ocean Bound & Zig Zag Background

And as much as I love the Pinstripe...
I can honestly say I love the Zig Zag background just as much.
Again Claire added some distressing to it which makes it so easy to stamp and go.
I stamped this one in SU Night of Navy on white cardstock...
added the white heat embossed anchor and sentiment from Ocean Bound on Pure Poppy that had been die cut with MFT Fishtails then layered that onto another die cut Fishtail in Nightshift Blue.
All of this was adhered then onto a Nightshift Blue card base.

And that concludes Day 3 for me!
So what do you think?
Was I being serious when I said this is the BEST release ever?
Like REALLY serious?
I DIE over all these sets...
Claire has made this girls stampy dreams come true with this release and I am just beyond gobsmacked with how she nailed them all so perfectly!
Go check out all the DT projects if you need a bit more convincing...

Anya Schrier
Edna Morrisedie
Iwona Palamountain
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Jen Cuthbertson
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Karin Åkesdotter
Kelly Schirmer
Kim Duran
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Renee Lynch
Sandie Dunne
Teresa Kline
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan

then tell me what's top on your list of must have's?
Remember release is happening tomorrow and you'll want to check Claire's blog HERE for all the details.
I'll be back again tomorrow with the rest of the DT for our Release Blog Hop...
see you then!



15 comments :

  1. More gorgeousness Renee - love the look of that pinstripe...could definitely see that on a boys layout! Fab to see so many masculine stamps. Love that leaf sprig too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the nautical cards, totally agree the first set of stamps are just out of this world. Thanks for the suggestion to Claire. Firm favourites already. Can't wait to go shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Renee, I am in real trouble with these beautiful stamp sets. You have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Renee, these are all stunning! Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sprig on the top card with the lovely peach blooms Renee! and you really ROCKED the background cards - with the wonderful nautical theme designs! Love 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow! Claire says you suggested the nautical stamps - thanks!!! Love them. Your cards are just stunning. I adore the one based on the cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOH I just knew you would rock the nauticals with the backgrounds! Awesome Renee! I love the red stripes and the navy zig zags - the rich color is just so striking and really makes a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous projects!! loving the backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all just so amazing. It's like the stamps were made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every one is stunning, Renee! The pinstripe is just perfect with your nautical designs. Adore the red but I am IN LOVE with the blue anchor--really awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful projects, Renee. Amazing how that pillow looks just like your card...LOL. What a perfect inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your blog looks beautiful!! love your projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super fun projects, love the scripted font which is gorgeous.. The fabulous flower really is a winner.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Renee - you rock this release!!! I would have wanted to say I designed these cards (-:
    Sry if I'm late, but I love your new blog look too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Since my husband was in the Navy...I really like all these nautical designs...great job

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...