Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Waltzingmouse August Release...Tying the Knot, Safe Harbor Sentiments and Ocean Bound

Hello, Hello!
Isn't this just the greatest day?
The first day of previews for 9 new amazing Waltzingmouse sets that will be released on the 10th...
and I have been in stamping heaven playing with these gorgeous new goodies...
seriously I think this is the BEST release ever!!
I know I say that every month but this time I'm really, REALLY serious.
No lie!
And because of that I'm just going to dig right in because I have lots to show you!

I've never made a secret about my love of navy or nautical...
and I don't know how this girl who grew up on a farm in the South hundreds of miles from the nearest ocean came to have such a love for them...
but love them I do.
They're classic...
timeless...
and go hand in hand and Claire has made this stampy girl's heart sing with joy...
and cry tears of happiness with these new sets.
Nautical...
navy...
what more could this girl ask for?


WMS Tying the Knot


And when I think "nautical" I think simplicity.
Clean.
How so little can make such a statement...
so for this one I stamped the gorgeous heart rope knot from Tying the Knot using SU Night of Navy onto white cardstock.
Matted that onto a piece of MFT Nightshift Blue cardstock that has been stamped and heat embossed using one of the fabulous sentiments from Tying the Knot...
adhered all of it onto a piece of cardstock that we'll talk more about later (*wink*)...
a red grosgrain polka dot ribbon and a few red dewdrops finished this off in a jiffy.


WMS Ocean Bound

For this one I heat embossed the anchor and simply perfect "AHOY" from Ocean Bound onto PTI Pure Poppy...
I die cut some chevrons out of white and Pure Poppy...
piecing back together onto a piece of thin cardstock and then adhering onto my white cardbase...
and a few silver pearls to finish it.
Do they kind'a look like bubbles to you?



WMS Ocean Bound

Another super simple ditty...
look at that gorgeous ship image from Ocean Bound...
doesn't it just evoke thoughts of the open waters...
the wind pushing you to places of dreams?
I stamped it in SU Night of Navy onto white cardstock then cut a strip of MFT Nightshift Blue and placed underneath it...
stamped that fabulous sentiment from Ocean Bound onto the white...
then added another...larger...strip of navy cardstock.
A few star sequins scattered about the ship finished it...
wouldn't this make a great graduation card for someone embarking on the next phase of their life?


WMS Safe Harbor Sentiments


Here I've tried to let that beautiful sentiment from Safe Harbor Sentiments take center stage on a die cut stitched rectangle from Lil' Inkers stamped in SU Night of Navy.
Along with some of my favorite hoard papers ever...
Fancy Pants Down By The Shore...
adhered to a Harvest Gold cardbase with a peek of Nightshift Blue and a Hero Arts anchor die cut from Pure Poppy with a tad bit of twine.
A few silver pearls completed it.

That's it for me today but trust me when I say I have LOTS more to share using these incredible sets...
I have had the best fun the last few days and you have only seen a tiny tip of the iceberg!
So are you ready to see more of these stunning sets?
Go and see what all my fellow DT friends have for inspiration because I know they will blow you away...

Anya Schrier
Iwona Palamountain
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Jen Cuthbertson
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Karin Åkesdotter
Kelly Schirmer
Kim Duran
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Renee Lynch
Sandie Dunne
Teresa Kline
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan

Are you as excited as I am about this release?
Can't wait to see more?
Then I'll see you again tomorrow with even more previews!
If you happen to miss something along the way you can always get caught up on Claire's blog HERE!

20 comments :

  1. Oh dear. I was hoping I wouldn't like this release. But you've sold this set to me already! These cards are stunning Renee. Again - bankruptcy beckons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking along the same lines as Claire (above). Bankruptcy does seem to be beckoning me too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK! So amazing, Renee! Your card designs are perfection! I just love the "Oh the Places..." one, so stunning! The Ahoy card is positively striking with the bright red and the chevrons. Love the touch of yellow on the last. The patterned paper reminds me of a rugby shirt or something. Actually color schemes just scream nautical and Renee! Hee! But I guess those terms are synonymous ;) I know that you probably have many more of these up your sleeve and cannot even WAIT to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Renee! you have used these stamps in such beautiful creative ways! love the ship with the stars and the anchor with the chevrons! all so lovely with the red/white/blue colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Renee!! The nautical theme is so trendy right now :D Great idea!! Your love for the sea really shows in each of the projects. They look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoot Whoot! Look at all the amazing cards you made Renee! You rocked this - but then we all knew you would! The bold colors are stunning! The first one with the striped background and knotted heart dropped me in my tracks! So glad you inspired Claire to create these nautical beauties - I'm smitten! My muse friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all amazing, and so 'RENEE' I can see why you are in love with this release, because I am in love with your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You better get Patrick out and buy yourselves a boat Renee...you do nautical so well! Love the chevron card the most, but that neat ship and the places you will go sentiment is right on its' heels. Beautiful examples today...I can tell how hard you worked this last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the crisp clean lines of your cards. I still haven't played with all my last order and now these! And it's only Day One! Be afraid ladies, be very afraid LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are gorgeous, every single one! So crisp and fresh - that's what I think of when I think nautical. I hear that you had a hand in designing these sets, so jolly well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Renee, I instantly thought of you when I saw the theme and then Kelly mentioned that you collaborated with Claire on this one. Can't wait to see the reveal but I know everything is going to be AMAZING! Bet you are so excited!! Your cards are all stunning--the red & white and the ship on navy & white are PERFECTION! They are all wonderful and I can't wait to see what else you create.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Renee all of your cards are fantastic, your brilliant CAS style! I love the knot heart--swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Renee, what a fabulous trio of amazing cards! It has taken me a bit to get on the nautical bandwagon but I just love it now and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eeeks....perfect sets for your navy loving heart (I always think of navy when I think of nautical) and perfect cards!! But, I heard along the way you had an influence!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Renee...these are all delightful card. I love the stars you added around your sailing ship. What a great touch that is. All your card are designed so well, and I love the fresh and trendy look to them. Well done with today's previews.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, these are all so lovely! You are so talented at making nautical cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!!! These are all absolutely amazing. I just LOVE the red and white Ahoy card - simple, stunning, sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  18. More wonderful cards! You are queen of Nautical with your love of Navy. Love them all but your first card is to die for….LOVE It!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What die cut (manufacturer) did you use on your red card? All these cards are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cindy! That die is PTI's small chevron die. Sorry...I thought I had posted that so thanks for asking!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...