Friday, August 30, 2013

WMS August Pajama Party

Good evening!
Hope y'all are ready for oodles of inspiration tonight at the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party...
I know I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with for this month's incredible themes...
Tying a Knot...
Getting Nauty...
Color Inspiration...
Golden Oldies...
and of course the Bedtime Story Sketch.
And since this post is long and pic heavy...
sorry...
I'm just going in...


WMS Ocean Bound

This one is actually for Tying a Knot and the Color Challenge using this fabby inspiration pic...






WMS Ocean Bound

I used SU Tempting Turquoise, WP9 Cupid's Bow and PTI True Black to create a random striped pattern on white cardstock...
just cutting stripes 1/8", 1/4" and 1/2" and then just randomly placing them until I liked them and then gluing down.
That knot?
That's a Carrick Bend that I tied all by myself using some rope "ribbon" I picked up at Hobby Lobby many moons ago and have just been waiting for the perfect time to use it...
I think this qualifies. *wink*
I then stamped the gorgeous anchor from Ocean Bound in SU Real Red...
the sentiment that can also be found in Ocean Bound in Momento Tuxedo Black...
onto a cut frame from the Ocean Bound cut files...
and stamped the rope border also from Ocean Bound in Memento Grey Flannel...
a few silver star sequins finished it off.


Up next is where I show my confusion...

WMS Tying the Knot

I did another card for the Tying A Knot In It challenge...
only my knot is figuratively.
I used Tying the Knot to create a simple card that could be used to lift a friend's spirits when they're feeling low.
I stamped the rope image from Tying the Knot in SU Real Red onto a piece of kraft cardstock...
stamped the fabby sentiment from Tying the Knot in Memento Danube Blue...
trimmed it out and then adhered onto a piece of WPlus9 Cupid's Bow cardstock...
adhered all of that onto a kraft base with a little striped washi tape on the side.
A few blue sequins and I was done.

Up next is my Get Nauty card...
and before you think I've driven off the deep end...
let me show you my inspiration for this super simple ditty...
See that anchor print?
See how it's on "netting"?
Well I decided...
all on my own...
that it vaguely resembled chicken wire and I since I don't have a netting stamp but do have a Chicken Wire set...
I went for it...

WMS Ocean Bound

Not bad...right?
I mean you get the idea?
And it does kind'a look like netting once you put the anchor on there don't you think?
This one is so simple...
stamped the Chicken Wire Background on kraft cardstock in Versamark...
then that gorgeous anchor and sentiment from Ocean Bound in SU Night of Navy...
Trimmed it down and adhered to a piece of MFT Nightshift Blue which was then adhered onto a kraft card base.
How easy can it get?

And now my favorite for this month...
The Golden Oldies!
I didn't use my first Waltzingmouse set...
though I do still have it...
because I'm getting in a Halloween mood so decided to pull out my 2nd Waltzingmouse set for this one...

WMS Wanda's Pantry

I used Wanda's Pantry...
and one of my favorites from the set...
Vampire Blood.


WMS Wanda's Pantry

Stamped it in white onto black cardstock...
trimming it out with the coordinating Spellbinders label die.
Then I stamped my thumbprint in Versamark and heat embossed with Zing Rouge embossing powder.
Attached that to a piece of Authentique Enchanted from my stash...
along with a strip of WP9 Cupid's Bow, some seam binding and a bow with a ruby red gem.
The spider web edging is from Taylored Expression and the bats are from Memory Box...
I just glued and sprinkled some glitter onto them.
All of this was then adhered onto a black card base.

And last for tonight...
the Bedtime Story Sketch...

You'll have a week to complete and link up your take on this sketch...
get all the details on Claire's blog HERE...
but here's my take on this one...

WMS Pinstripe and Safe Harbor Sentiments

I used the fabulous Pinstripe Background stamp for my background...
stamping in SU Night of Navy...
and the gorgeous sentiment is from Safe Harbor Sentiments that I've cut using a deckled edge oval from Spellbinders.
A strip of MFT Nightshift Blue...
coordinating buttons and rope ribbon...
all adhered onto a PTI Harvest Gold card base.

Now that we're done...
I can't wait to see what you've come up with for all these challenges...
and remember you have a week to link up for the Bedtime Story Sketch...
but only 24 hrs. for the rest of the challenges.
You don't have to use Waltzingmouse for the challenges but if you do...
and you win...
your prize doubles!

Now I'm going to go link all of these up at Simon Says Challenge: Anything Goes...
and I'll see you soon!

23 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh Renee! I want to say a million things about each of your creations!!! wonderful chicken wire with the anchor (so clever GF!!!) that glowing blood spot on the Halloween card and wonderful background - the pinstripe with robe and buttons - the super red anchor with that awesome striped background - and the fun sequins at the end of your rope! super inspiration! have a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Renee, your chicken wire worked a treat too. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards!!! Love your knot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards! I especially love your last one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredibly creative projects, Renee. Your "knot" card is so cute with your striped background...so perfect with that sailor's knot!

    I never would have thought to combine the chicken wire with the anchor, but it totally works!

    I love seeing your Halloween creation, and this set is so perfect with your flying bats and red trim. Spooktacular!

    You really did an awesome job on all of these creative projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My oh my...where do you start? Well, I will start with my favorite card, you Halloween card is simply amazing and I will be doing my darnest to recreate it. Just stunning! I am in love with all your nautical cards, you are just a natural with this kit. Need to pin each and everyone so you will be seeing them in the future. Love them all Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every one of your nautical designs is just awesome! Love how you created your striped background & your knot on the first one! Fabulous Halloween card too-gosh, it really isn't that far away!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my. You made so many wonderful cards, I just don't even know where to start. Lots of things to pin and case here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Renee! I always Enjoy reading your posts!! They are so fun and I can't help but smile. Your cards look Amazing!! Love them all, I can't pick a favourite. So much to admire and look at. What a great job!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my! These are fabulous. Each one is so spot on. the Halloween card is amazing. I hope you are feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erm hang on a minute...I thought you weren't well?! Now you've made me look all weak and useless as I only managed one card! What a gorgeous array of cards...I think I like the halloween one best..the thumb print is absolutely brilliant! And I think the chicken wire looks exactly like a net...what a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The vampire card needs to be bottled and given out at Halloween! (he he!) Reminds me of the terrifying elegance of Disney's Haunted Mansion. Love every dripping wonder! Gotta go and study your perfect style some more. Still kicking myself for not getting the pinstripe stamp! It works everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow ... Gorgeous cards here! That pinstripe is amazing don't you think! Here I thought I would be the only one using chickenwire because it was one of my first stamps. Love the way you used it. Who knew it would already be paired with nautical . Love your Halloween card too! I knew you would have some perfect cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWsers!!!! I don't know where to start to praise... all cards are just gorgeous! The Halloween card is just outstanding.... I love the black sponging and the red finger print... the pics above the baby bed look so nice and your last card - the quote on black and gold - just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh your creativity knows no bounds with these nautical sets! LOVE the chicken wire combo and your handmade stripes are just perfectly rugby shirt :) Your vampire card is so amazing, too...with that bloody fingerprint EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cards, Renee! I created two cards for the party.... and was kicking myself for not getting the nautical set! LOL!
    I'm going to have to make something with the sketch-- it's a nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at all the great projects you made! A real delight seeing how you mixed and matched some things - the chicken wire with the nautical - who knew? !! Looks wonderful. I love the rope dangling on the first with the clever sentiment. Gotta tell you though ... the vampire blood? What a knock out! (I was going to say drooling but didn't seem right HAHA!!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a stunning job with all your cards. I especially love the first one...that knot looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh these are amazing Renee, I especially love the vampire label card!! You did an amazing job on all of these challenges!! hugs to you missy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eeeeks....love them all!! Aren't you getting fancy with the know tying!! Adore your Halloween card!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful cards, Renee! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards, Renee! Love your great work! The knot on the first card is just perfect!! Have a nice day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. How on earth did I miss these cards? They are just wonderful. Such a super selection of styles and I love, love the elegance of the Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...