Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Happy Holidays!

Blog-hop-logo
Good morning!
Hope you're having a great week so far!
Excited to be here because I got to do something this week I haven't been able to do in quite a while...
participate in PTI's Blog Hop!
It probably only happened because my washing machine was down and was waiting for parts so instead of doing the mounds of laundry this family creates...
seriously...
trust me on this...
I gave birth to the most destructive child ever conceived who creates loads all by himself daily...
I mean...
he's a little guy so how many towels does he really need to take a shower each night?
I'll help you with this...
one for him...
2 to clean up the mess he creates while taking said shower.
Yeah...
so is the story of my life.
But looking past piles of laundry and onto the bright side...
I got a little extra "me" time and had a chance to play along this month...
YAY for me! *wink*

And the challenge...
The-Challenge
September-Blog-Hop
photo credits ::: 1 ::: 2 ::: 3 ::: 4 ::: 5 ::: 6 ::: 7 ::: 8 ::: 9 ::: 10 ::: 11 ::: 12 :::
The holidays are just around the corner and in any store you stumble into the aisles are decked out with new decor, including wreaths.  Dig out a favorite wreath stamp set, layer small die-cuts & punches or even use unconventional materials like buttons or rhinestones to create a wreath on the front of a festive card.  You can choose to make your card fall-themed, embrace the upcoming holidays or just something pretty to use for an everyday greeting.  Have fun experimenting with fun color combinations and layers of texture!  We look forward to seeing your creations!


See that very first one in the top left corner?
That's the one!
Drew my eye instantly and can I just say I want it!!
LOVE that wreath so of course I went to it for my inspiration...


PTI September Blog Hop

I used my Martha Stewart pine bough punch to punch oodles of boughs in PTI's Pinefeather cardstock...
then layered them onto a circle die cut that I then cut with a smaller circle to remove the center.
Before layering them up though I daubed them with Fresh Snow ink to hopefully give them more of a slivery color...
like possibly Colorado Blue Spruce...


PTI September Blog Hop



did it work?
I can say they look good in person even if they don't photograph quite like Colorado Blue Spruce..
Anyway...then I added a seam binding bow in red...
some rusty jingles...
and natural twine.
I adhered it onto a Rustic Cream cardbase that I also added teastained 3/4" cut strips to replicate the door...
though that part may have been lost in translation.
Sorry.
A small strip of Simple Stories red gingham from Summer Fresh at the bottom...
then topped with a Pure Poppy double ended banner heat embossed with a Sentiment from Think Big Faves #20...
all done!
Super easy...
exactly the way I roll.

OK...
now that my machine is fixed...
I'm gonna go pop in yet another load of laundry and then I'll get some time to hop around and see all the other gorgeous projects I know will be along the way!
Thanks so much for stopping by and till next time!

34 comments :

  1. Renee this is absolutely stunning! I love every single detail and I have all the ingredients to CASE this beauty. Well done and so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this, Renee! The way you created a door, your blue spruce greenery, the fabulous bow treatment, the gingham & bells---all so perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Renee! Love the homespun feel and the touch of Fresh Snow ink on the boughs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this. Gorgeous Christmas colours. Such a "cosy" card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a LOT of work! And it was worth it--your card is gorgeous! Love the white-tipped branches--it's a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about the WM, but thrilled you made this GORGEOUS wreath card for the hop!
    Looks like it would smell of pine if I could hold it! Love those jingle bells too!
    Oh and the gingham patter on bottom, and the perfect bow and banner, well just love it all!
    Being a mom of 5 and GM to 10, am familiar with towel use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Wreath! I love the traditional look. You embellished perfectly with your seam binding bow and rusty bells! (We had similar ideas - I used Martha's punch too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness that is one gorgeous wreath card! I love how dimensional it is along with all the lovely details, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning! Love everything about the wreath - layers, silver-tipped, ribbon & bells - paired with all the red details it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable!! I love the gingham and pretty wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful Renee...what a fabulous wreath for Christmas and those antique bells are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, Renee! I need to find some rusty jingle bells....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh, I bought these pre-rusted...but there's tutorial's on PInterest on how to rust your own jingle's. Will save you money too!

      Delete
    2. Leigh, I bought these pre-rusted...but there's tutorial's on PInterest on how to rust your own jingle's. Will save you money too!

      Delete
  13. WoW! Stunning! You win! Love the wreath, the ribbon, the gingham, the background. It is soooooo beautiful. the lucky recipient is going to have to be someone really special!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renee I love this! Wow looks like you found lots of time to make the gorgeous card. I love the background I have to go back and look at how you did that.
    I hope you get that wm fixed soon. Too bad you do not live across the street I could help you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so sweet and rustic! love your jingle bells!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just beautiful. What a clever idea for a wreath, jingle bells and all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Renee I LOVE it!! So PRETTY!!
    Your towel story made me LOL.. sounds like my house! (I have laundry going as I type! LOL!)
    THANKS for stopping by my blog!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I appreciate how you put so much thought into each detail of your creations. This card ending up being filled with charm and warmth. Good luck catching up on laundry... or at least making a dent in it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Renee, your machine needs to go down more often if this is what happens! This is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow...so realistic! Blue Spruce is my favorite...I have always wanted one for up in Montana. This seals the deal. Love the gingham and how you made the panels on the door. Going to pin this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Blue Spruce...and had one growing beside the house until this summer. Seems some kind of beetle likes them too and killed it. :( Which was actually a good thing since we also discovered with a busted water line that I had planted it on right over where the water connects to the house! That wasn't the problem...yet...but as it grew...it could have been! YIKES!!

      Delete
    2. I LOVE Blue Spruce...and had one growing beside the house until this summer. Seems some kind of beetle likes them too and killed it. :( Which was actually a good thing since we also discovered with a busted water line that I had planted it on right over where the water connects to the house! That wasn't the problem...yet...but as it grew...it could have been! YIKES!!

      Delete
  21. Renee this is stunning! I love the touch of white on the greens! And the gingham is perfection with the background you made! I think it would be so pretty framed and placed in an entryway to greet visitors during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is absolutely gorgeous and the wreath you created is stunning. I can totally relate to your towel and laundry woes in general. The joy of having "active" boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Honestly, you make me ashamed of my silly simple card, Renee! THIS is an extraordinary card that actually required some time and a lot of artistry! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty card! I love the white sponging - it adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love love your pinefeather wreath!!! That is a perfect color for this......it's a color that sadly has sat unused at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ACK, LOVE! That wreath with the triple jingle is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a stunningly beautiful wreath you have created for this card. Love the jingle bells, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...