Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Waltzingmouse September Release...Splat That!, All Hallows' Eve and The Count

Good morning!
So what did you think of yesterday's previews?
Were you as amazed as I was over all the gorgeous samples?
And what about the gorgeous sets?
Ready to get them in your crafty hands?
They'll be released this coming Thursday, the 19th...
along with 5 other incredible sets.
That's right...Claire has 8 new sets for you this month...
and since we all know how Claire loves holidays...
today is all about Halloween so let's get to it!

While I myself am not a huge Halloween person...
I really do love the candy aspect of it though *giggle*...
I do love creating Halloween projects and Claire has some of the most amazing sets out there for this holiday and she has designed some new ones that you'll definitely want to add to your stash...
first we have a little bite size set that packs a big, versatile, trendy punch...
Splat That!

WMS Splat That

I went total Halloween on this one...
and it's right up #1 son's alley.
I saw his mind start working when he first saw this set and since I cannot count how many times I've had to scrub lightening bolts off his forehead...
or how many days he's went to school wearing one because he used a Sharpie...
I know what's coming with this.
Yup!
You guessed it!
This particular stamp will find it's way onto his cheek at some point...
so I did this one just for him!
I kept it super simple...
just stamping in SU Real Red onto a piece of white cardstock.
The sentiment is from the previously released Midnight Feast stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black...
and then I selectively inked another stamp in Splat That! to "sprinkle" around the sentiment in SU Real Red again.
Trimmed it down and matted onto a slightly larger piece of black cardstock...
then adhered it all onto a white cardbase.
Super simple.

But I want to show you how versatile and trendy this little set can be too...

WMS Splat That!

Taking some more images from the set and stamping them in non-Halloween colors...
I created a trendy one layer card!
I used Memento Grape Jelly, Lulu Lavendar; SU Night of Navy and Lucky Limeade and PTI Hawaiian Shores to stamp the various images into a paint splatter pattern onto white cardstock.
The sentiment is from Compact Sentiments 2, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black.
I don't think they get much easier than this!

Next up is one of my personal favorites from this release...

WMS All Hallows Eve

As a fan of The Following on Fox...
I automatically went to the Poe inspired image and quote from All Hallows' Eve.
I stamped this gorgeous image and coordinating sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black onto a Rustic Cream cardbase...
then I die cut a circle from a piece of A2 sized black cardstock...
popping it on foam tape over the cardbase.
Some orange and black ribbon, a little seam binding and a black gem finished this simple ditty.

And how can you celebrate Halloween without some mythical beings...
perhaps maybe a little inspiration from Bram Stoker...

WMS The Count

I stamped the larger silhouette image and coordinating sentiment from The Count in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Rustic White cardstock...
distressed and darkened the edges before adhering it onto a slightly larger piece of black cardstock...
which was then adhered onto a black cardbase along with a piece of patterned paper from Authentique Enchanted.
Some red seam binding and gem...
all done!

So which one has your eye?
All of them? *wink*
Well...you're gonna want to go and see what the rest of the DT has created using these incredible sets...

Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Kelly Schirmer
Kim Duran
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Renee Lynch
Sandie Dunne
Teresa Kline
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan

And I'll see you back here tomorrow for a some more peeks of the 8 new sets that will be releasing on the 19th!
Till then!

17 comments :

  1. Fantastic cards, Renee. Great use of these sets, with imagination and super creativity! Love what you did with the Splat That set, and your CAS card with just the claw marks and sentiment is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards! What a great release! Love the bloody claw marks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! you really wound up with the great Halloween designs today - and one great hello card! love the simplicity of the scratch card and the fun mix of colors on the splat card! the ribbons on the raven and count really pack a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which "one" caught my eye? I can't choose just one...loved the raven, seriously loved it. So creepy. Great idea to put him inside a partial circle. Dracula is a very close second in creepiness...but for me, it's that raven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome cards!!! Very striking raven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes,they all caught my eye! I do love the raven card and the perfect card you made for your son. So nice to see the versatility of these stamps as well. That raven is calling my name. Gorgeous work here Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all the things you got done!! SO many neat ideas - I love the claw marks, the rainbow of splats, the cut out for Poe, and gosh.. that neat distressing on The Count! Wonderful Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, picking just one is very hard - I love the Raven!! However, I think my favourite the is Hello card - showing just how versatile the set is! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all just wonderful. Such incredible stamps, and beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, the claw marks are so clever! I can see how your son would think this is the coolest! Love the splats too--and the fact these will work for lots of designs. The raven is my favorite as well. The circle cut out and another one of your fabulous ribbon treatments make it even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun, but I
    love the Count!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  12. They all caught my eye!! Love the claw and trendy use of the splat set!! The raven looks fab in the cut out circle...Count Dracula is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Renee...you are killing me here! Stunning cards and I just can't wait to get my hot little hands on these sets. You did amazing things with them and I want to see more, lots more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renee....these sets are so up your alley! You have done a fabulous job with them!!! I really like the "splat" card besides it uses one of my favorite sentiments sets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Renee I love the cards you created! The splat set has me thinking about mixed media and all sorts of uses when you just need a bit of added "something" to finish a card! Thanks for all the wonderful ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of them is the right answer. And that claw print is very effective all by itself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...