Wednesday, October 30, 2013

12 Kits of Occasions - Thanksgiving with Kara

Good morning!
Give me a moment to dust off the cobwebs around here...
"sweep...sweep"...*giggle*
it's been a while.
The kids were home on fall break and I'm so glad we changed our plans for going out of town...
a horribly ugly stomach bug reared it's ugly head and all of the kids got a turn playing with it...
it wasn't pretty.
But on the bright side...
at least we weren't in Florida. *grin*
So while they were here they sucked all my crafty get-up-and-go dry and now that they're back in school it's slowly returning...
if I could just manage to stay home long enough to actually accomplish something.
Life.
It's not always pretty but I do love it.



And nope...
you're not missing a day. *giggle*
While we normally post on the last day of each month...
since tomorrow is Halloween and there will be children knocking on doors looking for candy all across the US...
the 12 Kits is posting our monthly inspiration a day early.
This month Kara was our incredible hostess and she sent some of the most delightful goodies...
makes you just downright thankful!
You can get a peek of the kit and a list of all the goodies over on the 12 Kits Blog HERE...
but I'm just gonna dig in show you what I was able to come up with using this wonderful kit...

12 Kits October


12 Kits October


12 Kits October


12 Kits October

Everything is from the kit Kara sent except for the green ribbon on the 2nd card and the sentiment from Waltzingmouse Peace and Plenty used on the above card... 
along with one of the incredible gold leaves and Avery Elle woodgrain paper that Kara has now got me wanting more, more, MORE of. *giggle*

Now you're gonna want to pop over to the 12 Kits blog HERE to get a gander at what everyone else was able to come up with using this incredible kit...
Thank You so much, Kara...
I loved working with it all!
Plus Kara has a giveaway that might just interest you so you don't want to miss it!
As always you can see all of the projects posted on our Pinterest board HERE...
and follow along with us on Facebook HERE.
And we'll be back next month at our regularly scheduled time and the fabulous Kelly will be our hostess...
can't wait to see what she has for us!

Now I'm off to the pumpkin patch with 150 2nd graders...
say a prayer for me. *giggle*
But before I go I'm going to wish everyone a fun, safe and Happy Halloween tomorrow.
We're gonna to stay home and have junk food and watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown...
and while disappointed that there won't be trick-or-treating...
we have storms in the forecast so we decided it might be better to just stay in.
I bought lots of candy to make up for the candy the kids will miss out on...
because you know it's really all about the candy! *giggle*

Till next time!

14 comments :

  1. So nice to see you back in blog land! Love your coloring on these beautiful cards! Wow ...that first one and your coloring perfection! Beautiful CAS! Tons of mojo here Renee! I saved my woodgrain paper , well maybe hoarded it!
    Have fun today and don't lose anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, glad that your household is back to being healthy, but sorry everyone was so ill. On to the kit, your projects are gorgeous! I love your Copic colouring on all your cards especially Autumn hills. My Autumn Hills didn't make the cut as my colouring was not up to par. The stitched mats are gorgeous and the way you showcased the woodgrain paper with CAS perfection is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every month...just beautiful Renee! I will be thinking of you today with your 150 2nd graders! Your copic coloring is just beautiful...the first card has the best shading of those hills! I also really love the card with that woodgrain paper and the gold leaf...the woodgrain just makes that gold leaf stand out even more! Your blog looks so nice...all the changes you have really made it a treat for your viewers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, Renee! Gosh, that AE woodgrain paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, these are really warm and love autumn greetings!! The third one is my fave and getting pinned! They are all so well done, especially considering the bug that's been visiting and all the other schtuff LIFE has going on for you! Have fun at the Pumpkin Patch with all the little punkins' and Happy Stay-At-Home Halloween!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring on all of your cards and so many pretty layers! Love the simplicity of the last one!
    Glad to hear you survived the day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess you survived the Pumpkin Patch--bet the kids had fun! Love all your cards--beautiful coloring on everything and wonderful button accents. The first thing I colored was the Autumn Hills scene but some too bright hills meant it got scratched. Yours looks fabulous! And the single leaf on the woodgrain is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about the bug that hit your house, but it is nice to see you posting once again. All of your cards are just lovely--I was glad to see that you were brave enough to use that wood grain paper--is the sentiment on vellum cuz it looks great. Fabulous coloring and lots of CAS beauty here today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 150 2nd graders! I can totally identify with that (empathize?!). Hope the weather is good for it! Sorry to hear about the flu bug striking! No fun!
    These cards are ALL WONDERFUL! Your coloring is so beautiful! I love the autumn hills set so much! Such a lovely post all the way through! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely fall creations Renee! as I'm traveling through all the blogs I'm amazed at what Kara sent you all to work with! SO sorry your kids were sick during break and glad everyone's better now - Happy Halloween! (it IS all about the candy!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards Renee and I did happen to notice that you must be hoarding patterned paper again, not too much used for your amazing cards! I love your coloring, simply gorgeous! Your gold leaf card is my favorite of the bunch, so classy and very elegant...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Four amazing cards this month, despite the distractions you had while the kids were home! Your coloring of the Autumn Hills image is incredible! I'll definitely be CASEing this layout, too, as I'm never good at using sentiments that I have to cut out and place on a card. Gorgeous clean designs and coloring on the next two cards as well. I especially love the ribbon tab and brad that adds the perfect bit of asymmetry on the third. But I think your last card is my favorite--wow! So clean and simple and striking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your autumn hills card......drop dead awesome coloring job! My favorite is the little Thanksgiving Blessings tree....it's such a classic design with just the right amount of color! Sorry I'm a "wee" bit behind......ah, life as it is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Playing kit catch up! :) Love how lush you made that little house scene! Staring out the window at my icy yard is making me long for a bit of warmth, better keep my feet on this vent under the computer desk! That patterned paper behind the autumn tree looks like fabric! Gorgeous CAS woodgrain card, it's just perfectly autumn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...