Wednesday, October 16, 2013

4 of a Kind...Nautical

Good morning!
Been a while since I've been around here...
where does time go?
But popping in today with another edition of 4 of a Kind with Cathy, Joyce and Kim...
and this month yours truly was hostess...
and it may possibly seem a little out of place among all the Halloween, Fall, Christmas projects out in blogland...
but I prepared these kits a couple months ago and since everyone but me lives in the land of eternal summer...
we're just gonna use that as the excuse ok?
I packed this one with some of my most favorite things...
Waltzingmouse Ocean Bound, Safe Harbor Sentiments and Tying the Knot...
MFT Nightshift Blue and Gumdrop Green; WPlus9 Cupid's Bow; SU Tempting Turquoise...
my favorite hoard papers of all time Fancy Pants Down by The Shore and AMuse Navy Polka Dot...
die cuts from Memory Box, Hero Arts and Lil' Inkers...
ribbon and rope...
sequins...
washi tape...
name it and you will probably find it in here...



And here's what I came up with using just a smidgen of the goodies in here...

Waltzingmouse Safe Harbor Sentiments


Waltzingmouse Tying the Knot


Waltzingmouse Ocean Bound


Waltzingmouse Ocean Bound


Waltzingmouse Ocean Bound

I challenged all the girls to tie a Carrick Bend knot using the white "rope" ribbon I included in the kit...
thought a challenge would be interesting so make sure you stop by to see how they did in their knot tying skills...
I can't wait to see how they turned out!


And that's it for me...
hope you have a wonderful week and I'll see you back here on the 19th for the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party!
Till then!

9 comments :

  1. You will soon see I did not take your challenge...cheated a bit and used the knot that was part of the belly band, but I had such fun with your kit! Always blows me away to see how different our cards are...love what you have done, especially the angled edge card. I love that one! The You are my Anchor card is also a stand out for me. Loved the kit Renee...thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, especially love that one with the fishies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much for such a fabulous kit. I had so much fun playing with it, and now that I see all your fabulous cards, I am so glad that I have so much more left. I think my fave is those little fishes with that 'places you will go' sentiment--that is just too clever. But all your cards are wonderful, and will be cased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and it appears that I 'conveniently' forgot about that knot challenge. I O U 1 knot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee...once again you came up with an amazing kit, every little detail was fabulous and so fun to use. I am so happy to have plenty of leftovers, so many wonderful cards to case! I love you sweet fishes card, those little guys are just too cute and they were so much fun to play with too. Your final card is so clean, what a wonderful note card to send to a friend. Thank you again for an amazing kit, I loved it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the nautical projects! You really put together an awesome kit. Looks like lots of very cool papers and I love the one with the embossed anchors. Your card wilh the knot is fabulous and I love fish design. The design, paper, sentiment and adorable fishes all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your kit and your cards!! everyone in the group made such adorable cards!! my fave are those little fish! they remind me of goldfish crackers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What the heck are you talking about : no Mojo! Its all right here. I love all of these. What an amazing kit you sent. I love , love, your life saver card so CAS and beautiful! I have to remember that one. The fish card : Amazing! Love the Ahoy too.
    I spent all day yesterday making 20 nautical baby invites yesterday so it all fits just fine with me.
    lol I just saw that you forgot about the knot challenge… that kind of week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a kit! I have loved seeing everyone's nautical creations. Of course you rocked the navy, but incorporating so many other colors really makes for some fun designs. I'm partial to your "lifesaver" and "ahoy" ship, but the angled panel with the little fish is darling, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...