Wednesday, November 27, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Tags with Tracey

Good Morning!
Hope your day is off to a good start...
maybe getting to sleep in just a bit before heading out to pick up last minute grocery items for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.
So what are your plans?
Are you hosting a get together at your house...
or will you be making the trek to someone else's house for your Thanksgiving feast?
Are you a traditional Thanksgiving dinner kind of person...
complete with turkey and stuffing, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie?
Or are you a modern Thanksgiving...
maybe pasta is on the menu...
or fish?
I'm traditional...
gotta have turkey.
And because it's the only way my mom knows how to make them...
it's not only gotta be a turkey...
it's gotta be a dry turkey. *giggle*
Please don't get the wrong impression...she's actually an incredible cook...
her made from scratch rolls literally just melt in your mouth and I could eat a dozen of them...
and I can't even begin to tell you what she can do with cakes and pies...
the woman is the dessert queen...
but her turkey...
I never have been able to figure out what goes wrong with it every year.
I think maybe it's my sister's fault.
She's never arrived anywhere on time and I swear she will be at least an hour late for her own funeral...
I'm really not lying about that...
and mom always holds everything until she gets there...
so maybe it is my sister's fault that we have dry turkey every year.
I think I'm gonna tell mom to make sure she tells sister dinner is an hour earlier than what it's actually planned for...
then maybe she'll arrive only 15 minutes late this year. *wink*

So anyway...
Thanksgiving is almost here and you know what that means here in America...
the official start of the holiday madness is now under way.
And though I do love Thanksgiving...
I love just being together with family reminiscing and making new memories...
Christmas is my holiday.
I love the lights and decorations...
the music and food...
family...
friends...
the magic and wonder that is Christmas.
And I was so excited when my friend Tracey from In My Creative Opinion asked me to play along with her and create a tag for...

I know most of you already know Tracey and her simply incredibly CAS style...
but if you haven't had a chance to visit her...
grab a cuppa and take a stroll through her blog...
there's so much inspiration to be found!

And now the reason I'm here...

Tracey's 25 Days of Tags

I used Waltzingmouse Nordic Winter to create this simple ditty.
First I stamped the sweater pattern across my Stamper's Select in SU Real Red...
then the stitched border atop that in SU Lucky Limeade.
I then placed and cut the tag using PTI's Tag Sale #5...
and then using SU Real Red and Lucky Limeade again...
I stamped the coordinating tree and sentiment also from Nordic Winter...
a little twine and I was finished!
I was able to get 3 tags off the one strip of background stamping...

Tracey's 25 Days of Tags


so these are super easy to create and you can have all your gift tags done in one sitting by stamping and cutting assembly line style.

Tracey, thank you so much for inviting me to play along...
it's been so much fun and I love seeing your creations each day!
Make sure to visit Tracey because she's got a giveaway up for grabs!
Here's wishing everyone a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving...
till next time!

7 comments :

  1. Love your beautiful tags! Nordic winter is out on my craft desk so I may have to CASE this beauty very soon! I like the idea of stamping and then getting 3 tags! My son and I will be going to my Mom and Dad's this year. Each of us brings a part of the meal and/or dessert and we are very traditional all the way! Gotta have the turkey and stuffing! I wish you and your family a lovely Thanksgiving Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...I haven't even brought out my Nordic Winter set yet this year...great idea for a cute tag Renee, always love that little tree image! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, your description of the dry turkey has me laughing; sounds like your mom and mine share the same recipe of 'waiting' for the same person! Too funny! Your tags are stunning, and a wee stroll (going back for more...) through your site has me in awe! So glad Tracey *introduced* me to you! HAPPY THANKSGIVING from a new fan in Canada!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this CAS tag Renee - great stamp choices and fun tag shape! I'm traveling over the river and through the woods to my sister's house where she is cooking a very moist turkey (!) however - this year it is legless - since none of us attending care for the legs - she just bought a turkey breast. there will be 2 little ones in attendance 3yrs and 1 yr - so they will keep us hopping and amused! Have a great Thanksgiving Renee - and I hope your sister isn't TOO late this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee laughing so hard at your turkey and mom and sister story. Sounds like such a warm relationship. Ii hope Thanksgiving is wonderful. We had ours in October and we actually had two turkey dinners two days in a row. The second at my sisters, but that is a whole other story. LOL Your tag is gorgeous and you know I will always be so grateful that you tuned me into Waltzingmouse! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable tag! Happy thanksgiving. We are hosting tomorrow and my husband is a great cook! I love the traditional meal. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful CAS tag love it!
    I cook my turkey upside down every year..always very juicy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...
I love all your sweet comments...
they mean so much to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...