Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Waltzingmouse Christmas...Day 3

Good morning!
Thank you so much for all the sweet comments the last couple of days...
I'm so happy that y'all are enjoying all the inspiration to be found from everyone during A Waltzingmouse Christmas!
I know that I'm behind right now on catching up with everyone but what I have managed to catch so far has got me itching to get some crafty time...
maybe when I get a few more things crossed off my "to do list"...
and with this family there's always a list...
I can put some of this inspiration to use!

Now you know it's not the holidays if there's not gifts...
and you can't have gifts without tags...
so today is all about tags!
The DT is using both new and previously released sets to create tags for your holiday goodies...
and because I know my family and how once they see their name on the gift it's over and the tag is totally forgotten because they've gotten all the information they need...
it's theirs...
I don't put a lot into my tags because I'm the one who goes behind and tries to salvage any reusable materials after the frenzy has subsided because they could care less.
So keeping that in mind I keep them fairly simple every year...


A Waltzingmouse Christmas

And because I plan my paper a year in advance...
yes...
I really do that...
blame it on my OCD...
I knew I wanted to have a "chalkboard" look to them because I thought it would go perfect with my red gingham and kraft papers...
and Claire has some the BEST sets to use for this technique...
I die cut my tag out of red, kraft and black cardstock...
then stamped the sentiment in white onto the black (the above is from Compliments of the Season).
I took a Q-tip and dabbed a bit of white ink onto the sentiment while trying to "smudge" the sentiment as well.
A little black seam binding...
which is great for tags because you can buy a full 100yd roll for less than $10 and that'll do a lot of tags...
and a couple of jingles tied with black jute twine...
all done!
But here's a few more examples using both of the Compliments of the Season sets...

A Waltzingmouse Christmas


Super simple and easy...
you can even assembly line these and have your tags ready to go in an evening!

OK...you're gonna wanna go and check out all the other inspiring tags I know the DT has for you...

and join us again tomorrow where we will be showing some ways to use your favorite...
or maybe soon to be new favorite...
Waltzingmouse stamps to create holiday decor!
Till then!

19 comments :

  1. That chalkboard looks great with the ginham!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Renee! Great colors to coordinate with your great chalkboard tags...and you made so many! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful chalkboard designs Renee! love the bright red and lovely black ribbons! so festive for a Christmas package!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Renee!! They look fabulous with your wrapping paper....Kraft too!! Ha....my oldest and I are the ones that scramble to reuse!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You plan your paper a year in advance? I think I am ahead of the game if I buy it before Thanksgiving! Love your chalkboard tags Renee...the stamps you chose really lend themselves well to that technique and go perfectly with your gingham paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are so gorgeous, Renee! I love the chalkboard look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the vintage feel of these....beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your chalkboard tags - they are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Renee! The color combination is gorgeous and you did an amazing job with the chalk board look! You are now a jedi master!!! : ) Your bows are gorgeous too - with the pretty silver jingle bells - sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee, these remind me of a Dicken's Christmas Carol! And they're anything but simple! Love the black with the gingham paper. Perfect chalkboard! (Have to borrow that!) BTW, I too try to 'save' the special ribbon, tags, boxes after the 'frenzy'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wonderful colors scheme. Love the chalkboard & gingham! With the seam binding and bells, these are the perfect Christmas tags.

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are stunning tags, real eye catchers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot wait to make these gorgeous tags! I love them! The chalkboard ..the red gingham and the black bow .........oh so perfect! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renee I just LOVE these tags! And your wrapping is gorgeous! Love red gingham! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tags are wonderful. I love the Red/White/Black motif. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic tags. I love the chalkboard look.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the bold red, black and white tags. The chalkboard technique is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So fun and love the look of the chalk board and great idea with the seam binding, fabulous set of tags.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...