Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Waltzingmouse Christmas...Day 4

Good morning!
Hope you have enjoyed the last few days of A Waltzingmouse Christmas as I have...
and I can't believe it's over so soon...
I've been having so much fun!
But...
the fun will continue for y'all and I'll have details about that before you leave today! *wink*

So...
we've covered the gorgeous new Alpine Christmas, Seasonal Flourish and Folk Art Christmas Additions along with the incredible new dies...
YAY!!!
We've had Christmas cards from previously released and new favorites...
tags...
and now today we're bringing you some decor ideas using your favorite Waltzingmouse Stamps.
But before I show you what I've created for this challenge...
I wanted to show you some things I created last year for the holidays...

Waltzingmouse Labels 5


My new advent calendar using Very Vintage Labels 5 and Victorian Alphabet...

Waltzingmouse Labels 5

Some wooden ornaments that I picked up at Michael's...

Waltzingmouse Heirloom Patterns


and stamped with my favorite Harlequin from Heirloom Patterns...

Waltzingmouse Heirloom Patterns

Waltzingmouse Heirloom Patterns

And some stitched ornaments using Sewing Box Christmas...

Waltzingmouse Sewing Box Christmas


Waltzingmouse Sewing Box Christmas


Waltzingmouse Sewing Box Christmas

And for this year...

Waltzingmouse Alpine Christmas

I used Alpine Christmas to create a winter wreath of snow.
I cut a piece of Styrofoam I had into a circle then cut the center so that I would have a flat "doughnut" shape.
Then I cut 100+ of the large snowflake shape from Alpine Christmas in vellum with my Cricut using the coordinating cut files...
for projects like this the cut files are the best way to go and I'm so happy that Claire has both die and cut file options...
gluing randomly to cover the Styrofoam.
I then stamped a few in Versamark and heat embossed in silver...
again gluing randomly.
I picked up the wooden sentiment a couple of years ago in the $1 section at Michael's and knew it would come in handy someday and this seemed the perfect occasion.

Waltzingmouse Alpine Christmas

It was covered in a tweed fabric so I stripped it off and then stamped the various snowflakes from Alpine Christmas on white cardstock in Versamark...heat embossing in silver and then applying with Mod Podge.
I added a sprinkling of gems throughout and it was all done!

So do you make holiday decor with your crafty goodies?
What's your favorite that you've ever created?
Will you be making new items this holiday season?
If you're in need of a little more inspiration go and check out what all my fellow DT friends have created for you...


and don't forget about the Pajama Party that will be happening on Claire's blog this Friday...
the 22nd.
You can get all the information on Claire's blog HERE and we can't wait to see what you've created for us!
Till then!

19 comments :

  1. Love the wreath - never tried vellum on my cameo but will do now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee I loved seeing all the wonderful things you created! Your snowflake wreath is soooo beautiful! I love the silver snowflakes and how they glisten! And your beautiful ornaments have ideas buzzing in my head! A truly inspiring post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, you rock at 3D projects new and old! These are all so amazing, and I liked walking down memory lane (that advent calendar!!). And the grand finale, WOW! LOVE the vellum effect, it's like that wreath is positively floating, light as air. AMAZING cut work (Cricut or not...maybe I should say GLUE work, hee). So awesome, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shut up! This is beautiful and I would love to see it in person as I bet it is even more stunning. I don't use that word often, but this project is fabulous Renee...great idea to use the cut files. I know you are the queen of die cutting lots of images, but that would have been tough to cut so many snowflakes with a Big Shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok Renee - so you have been seriously busy with your WMS decoration crafting! What a fun rustic Advent Calendar with the numbered labels - and the harlequin stampings look super on the wooden ornaments....... the Sewing Box Christmas stamps are perfect for your home spun sewn ornaments - and then we have the 'blizzard' wreath!! You and Lynn must have gotten together to figure out what projects could take the most time EVER - LOL!!! it looks wonderful!! well done GF!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your decorations Renee, but I adore those Sewing Box Christmas stitched ornaments. So cute and homespun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful projects. I really love that advent calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew I'd find wonder on your blog, you didn't disappoint! Bright festive wreath, love! Also really love that you brought out last year's creations for us to see. Homemade is heart made, and is a sweet reminder of the joy we all get from making.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful holiday decor!! such a warm cozy feeling to them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!!! I absolutely LOVE your wreath. I don't have a Silhouette, but I do have snowflake dies. I might have to try this! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renee, I'm speechless!! Everything you touch is magic my dear!!! Love everything you showed and pretty much fell out of my chair on the 100+ snowflakes. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many fabulous projects from last year and this year. I'll bet your house looks wonderful for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your advent calendar and tree ornaments are fab. However, you've out done yourself with the Christmas wreath - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the wreath. I love to use vellum. my fav project is a tray I made a few years ago. just the right size for holding Christmas cards. this year it's an ornament swap. if I can ever decide what I want to do. sneaking some inspiration from today's hop, perhaps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Renee...I remember all your wonderful ornaments from last you, you always do amazing things. You can see that Christmas is your holiday! But this wreath is a show stopper, so beautiful and fun. You could sell these for lots of money too, seriously you could be a gazillionarie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Um, WOW. I have no words. (Well, except its GORGEOUS!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. No way! I can't believe how gorgeous that vellum wreath is! It's beautiful with all those icy snowflakes!
    I love all the wonderful cozy projects you made from last year ......seems like it was just a few weeks ago. Hope you have a great day Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't popped over to your blog for ages Renee - for some reason it's not coming up in the blog feed. So glad I did. These are all absolutely perfect. That wreath! Makes my decorative effort look like it's been done by a kindergarten student!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...