Tuesday, November 19, 2013

It's A Waltzingmouse Christmas...Day 2

Hello, Hello!
So what did you think about all the yummy holiday goodness yesterday?
Were you inspired to rush to your crafty space and get started on some holiday projects...
I know I wanted to!
And I was busy...
I'll talk about all that later though *wink*...
but today finds us continuing our Waltzingmouse Christmas and we're focusing on cards.

For my first project I pulled out one of my favorite sets...
Festive Foliage...
and I knew what I was wanting to attempt and was so happy when Claire and Lynn suggested all the festivities this month because this had been on my "to do" list for some time...
ok...
ready...
see this retro card I found on Pinterest...

Don't you just die?
I LOVE it!!
And well...here's my attempt at recreating it using Festive Foliage and Say It Loud Winter Holiday...

Waltzingmouse Festive Foliage


I heat embossed the holly in white on WP9 Cupid's Bow cardstock...
and then heat embossed the berries in Rouge...
adding a dot of white ink on each berry after embossing.
Then I stamped over these images in Versamark...
purposely going a little to the side so that I was able to create a "shadow"...

Waltzingmouse Festive Foliage

I then took a pointed stylus and dipped it in white ink and just "dropped" it in a random pattern across the front.
After this had dried...
and I did smudge some of the "snow" by gently running my finger over it to hopefully create a little "movement"...
I then repeated everything using the sentiment from Say It Loud Winter Holiday.
I then adhered the panel onto a panel of silver shimmer paper which was then adhered onto a Rustic White cardbase.
Even though there's a few steps...
everything is super simple to recreate this retro beauty!

Now...
Can I say I fell in love with this set when I first saw it...
it is just absolutely adorable and can create simple, beautiful cards in a snap!
Here's an example of how easy a card can come together using this set...

Waltzingmouse Folk Art Christmas

I used my favorite image...
I just die over that vintage styled reindeer...
for this one!
Just stamped him and the sentiment in SU Real Red onto white cardstock...
then adhered to a slightly larger red panel...
a little gingham ribbon against another white cardstock panel...
and then everything was adhered to a red cardstock base.
You could assembly line this card and have all your cards ready for mailing in one evening with this set...
you can even mix and match images and sentiments...

Waltzingmouse Folk Art Christmas


Waltzingmouse Folk Art Christmas


Waltzingmouse Folk Art Christmas

See?
Super simple and easy...
and simply gorgeous...
these images Claire designed will have your friends raving about how creative you are!

So everything is already available in the store...
AND  10 new Waltzingmouse Cutting Edge die sets...
but you'll want to pop around and take a peek at what everyone was able to come up with to inspire you in your Christmas card making today...


And we'll be back to tomorrow with some gift tag ideas for you...
see you then!

23 comments :

  1. Love all that festive red Renee! And the CAS designs are simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore them all! What amazing creations. Love the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what wonderful red and white beauties Renee!! I just love the holly card - you really re-created your inspiration - great job with the versamark shadowing and lovely snowflakes! and your Folk art set is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nailed it today! Loving all the red and white! Your white embossed holly card is gorgeous! Love the simple red and white design of the others .......the dove with peace on earth.....love it! Amazing creative CAS work here great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Those Folk Art Christmas cards are *perfect*!! You have captured the feel of those sets perfectly! And I adore your retro holly card - simple and stunning! Love your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are soooo wonderful, Renee! What an awesome recreation of that holly card...I actually like yours even better :)! The subtle silver shimmer is lovely. And be still my HEART...that set of Folk Art Christmas with the gingham ribbon is the most adorable thing since the creation of gingham ;)!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all this red/white goodness and some gingham added in there too! So pretty and I love the Festive Foliage card...those white splotches really add to the rustic feel of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So neat how you were inspired by a pinterest photo - YES! You captured it perfectly - the white embossing on the red card stock is stunning and the shadow adds so much dimension - you rocked this - and then you keep going with a whole set of cards that look all CAS but I see lots of layers here!!! The gingham is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Renee - so fabulously simple and so simply fabulous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Folk artsy stupendous love! Honestly can't wait for my order! Renee your retro cas card is wonderful! But then I'm all about red and white year round! Beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is such a gorgeous set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous CASE of the retro card and love how you used the other images!! Sweet cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards, Renee! I love the folksy set you made and your take on the holly card is just gorgeous! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renee this is such a fabulous post! I love how you added the "snow" with your stylus and the ink! I need to try this! And your card set is simply beautiful! Now I am wishing I had ordered that set too but instead I picked up dies for the sets I already have to speed up my card/tag making process!
    It is on my list though!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eeek--are you stinkin' kidding me? Renee your holly card with the shadow--wow wow wow! Then those prettyy cards using the new Folk Art Set and the gingham. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, your blog is so festive! Love all the red & white. Gorgeous holly card and the folk art designs are just amazing. LOVE the reindeer & the bird---and the wonderful gingham bows!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards, Renee! I especially love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous...I love red and what cards....

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful!! love the first and the rest make such a beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All that red, white and gingham is just so festive and beautiful. If I didn't know you better, I'd think that you liked red as much as navy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your set of four is beautifully clean and simple - love it! And I really like your take on the vintage holly card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my...these are so stinkin' cute! So fun and very festive too. Love the bright red against that white, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...