Sunday, August 31, 2014

12 Kits of Occasions- August Edition

Good morning!
Can you believe that tomorrow is going to be the first of September?
Where did August go?
My kids have already been in school for a month...
and after a 4 day weekend this holiday weekend...
in another 4 weeks they will on a 2 week fall break...
YIKES!
It's going so fast!
But after a milder than usual summer the heat and humidity finally arrived so I'm hoping to start seeing some cooler temps this coming month.
It's just not right to watch football when you're sweating...
you should be bundled up in sweaters and blankets and drinking hot cocoa.

But since tomorrow is the 1st day of the month that means today is the last and that it's time for 12 Kits of Occasions!
This month Kara was our fabulous hostess...


and is also our wonderful kit photographer!
She always makes the best collage photos of the kits...
I don't know what we would do without her!

This month is about birthday's...
and Kara included bright, cheerful, fun patterned papers...
cool elements...
but you'll have to pop over to the 12 Kits blog HERE to get the full list of supplies...
and you're gonna want to pop over anyway because Kara has a fun giveaway that you may want to find out about!

Now to the cards!
Had a really hectic, bad week so I didn't get to fully play with this kit the way I had planned...
but here's what I have so far...

12 Kits August


12 Kits August


12 Kits August

And I have so much more to play with in this kit...
which since next month is a "leftovers" month...
I'll have plenty of time!

Now make sure to head over to the 12 Kits Blog HERE to see what all the others were able to come up with using Kara's incredibly fun kit...
and we have a special guest joining us this month...
Alanna from Alanna's Spot in the World so you'll want to pop in and give her a hello...
PLUS you'll want to find out about Kara's giveaway!
Kara, thanks you for such an awesome kit...
I loved it!
And you can see all the creations from all the 12 Kits on our Pinterest board HERE!
And I'll see you again soon!
Till next time!

15 comments :

  1. Cute cards!! I love the kit you had to work with. Looks like you'll be having fun creating even more with the leftovers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Hope things calm down and you have more time to play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you tied up your balloons...the cute flowers and the really nice abstract splat card. I didn't get around to using the stamps yet, but you have inspired me to give them a try. Been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post - I love the layered happy die - it works perfect with the striped twine. The grey with the flowers is stunning too - it so elegant and understated, and then Bam - all that color with the splats! A happy finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all beautiful Renee, in your simply stated style... that I love! Love your paint splats!!! Sure has been a busy month and I have no idea where it went.
    My SIL just got home this morning....YAY and thank God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love visiting Patchwork life! Remembering what juggling kids and life was like. Wait... nothing changes, only slows down, a bit! Renee, love these perfectly assembled art pieces. You're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee...your trio of cards is so sweet. I love your final card and those ink splats...so fun and really gives your card a fun look, so perfect for a teenagers birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, Renee. Especially the second one with that beautiful grouping of flowers. And, I am so happy to learn that next month is leftovers month. For some reason, I had forgotten. I cannot wait to pull out all my leftovers and start casing some of my favorites from this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards, Renee--all are fabulous! Great way to do your balloon bouquet with the twine bow. And your ink splats design is wonderful. I didn't have time to play with my set much. Love the look using different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time seems to be going faster, i am sure the world is spinning faster! Beautiful cards! Renee love your shadow sentiment of the first card, the beautiful flowers and I love your splats!! I forgot next month is leftover's month--Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three beautiful bright and happy birthday cards, Renee! Perfect for your stash and perfect for inspiration for us!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely b'day cards Renee! all so colorful and bright! - I miss you already at WMS.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just started to write a comment but it's disappeared so apologies if I've written two! All beautiful cards Renee - so much white space...love them! So how on earth have you done the 'happy' in the first one? Is it clever die cutting or a stamp?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards Renee!!! Love all three of them!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did I ever tell you I love these cards? I sure meant to. Hope you have the most wonderful birthday today, Renee! I've been thinking about you this week....I hope all is going much better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...