Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Make It Monday #176 Backgrounds With Embossing Paste


Good afternoon!
Popping in very quickly with a quick and simple card I made for the new Make It Monday over at PTI...
Backgrounds with Embossing Paste.
It's been a long time since I've played along but if Betsy keeps coming out with her incredible Make It Market kits...
I gotta try and win some GC's before hubby makes me get a job!
YIKES!

So this week Laura Bassen showed how to use paste and dies to create a background...
first...
I didn't have any paste and I really didn't want to take the time to run to Nashville to pick some up but I read on the forum you could use lightweight spackle so had hubby pick some up at Lowe's and I think it worked perfect.
And at a fraction of the cost of embossing paste...
even better! *wink*

DSC_1525


So I snipped the end star off 2 of my Star Gazers dies and used them to create a star mask and then spread the spackle over the top and then removed...
super simple!
I then spritzed the cardstock with some Heidi Swapp Color Shine spray in Twinkle...
I thought it helped give it a little more celestial look against the Enchanted Evening "sky"...
especially since I didn't add color to the spackle.

DSC_1524

I then heat embossed my favorite sentiment from Super Stars in white...
layered it against some silver shimmer cardstock and then onto a white card base.

After the week I've had with the baby child this one is all his.
He did something the other day that literally had us on the floor and tears rolling down our faces...
so yeah...
I think he deserves this one!

Off to look like I've been busy all day!
See you soon!

6 comments :

  1. Perfect! Who knew spackle, could look so good! Perfect stars, Renee! How fun to see you play in a MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I really like the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great substitution. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee this is fantastic my friend. Love the embossing paste on navy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sparkly and pretty! Love seeing you back entering a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Renee! Great idea with the speckling, too...I haven't been able to bring myself to buy actual embossing paste for the same reasons. Hee...and I chuckled when I read your motivation. I keep thinking the same thing, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...