Saturday, August 23, 2014

PTI Stamp-A-Faire Regency Era

Hello, again!
Back again for my 2nd post for PTI's Stamp-A-Faire.


This one took a while...
but I knew I wanted to attempt this as soon as my SAF kit arrived and I saw the die.

I started cross stitching as a teen and I cross stitched up until the baby child came along and then I had to put it down for a bit...
with 4 kids there was just too much going on.
But the kids have grown and I recently picked it back up.
I got my 3rd tree last Christmas and have been working on cross stitching ornaments to decorate the trees with...
I have a long way to go before I have enough ornaments to fill even one of the trees.
But I just have this idea that someday my great, great grandchildren will be telling my great, great, great grandchildren how I stitched each and every one of them with my own hands...
that they somehow became family treasures to be passed down through time.
So anyway...rediscovered cross stitching again and I had to give this a go...

DSC_1575

I used the Coin Purse dies to cut the bag out of osnaburg fabric...
backing it with stabilizer...
and then die cut the flower and leaves from the SAF Regency kit and then stitched it in with cross stitch thread.
Makes a beautiful cross stitch and I have future plans for this die too.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments :

  1. Love this, Renee! Your cross stitching looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...so sweet and I love your cross stitching, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...