Saturday, September 20, 2014

I'm Dreaming of a Pink Christmas

Hi, everyone!
It'e been a while...
I think this blog should have the word(s) "occasional" or "sporadic" or just plain "when life allows" in the title since I don't seem to make it over here as much as I always think I'm going to.
But a quick catch up...
football season with Robert will soon be over so I'll hopefully be around a tiny bit more just with that alone.
Am still in training for my first race on Thanksgiving morning...
but the last couple of weeks have seen me slipping a bit with that so I'm getting back on track as of Monday. It's just a 5K but right now I'm slower than a herd of turtles and now that weather is starting to cool I'm gonna start running at the track and hopefully shave off about 5 minutes on my time before the actual race.
But the reason I slipped...
hubby had the world's smallest heart attack a couple of weeks ago...
and those are the cardiologist's actual words...
not mine.
He's fine...
and his heart is in excellent shape...
no damage or blockages...
it was all stress related and he's working on relaxing a bit and trying not to stress over every small thing that comes along...
but it definitely caused life to deviate a bit from the norm.

So trying to get life back to more of a "normal" feel...at least for a little bit.
And you may not be aware of this...
ssshhh...
don't tell anyone in case it causes mass hysteria...
but the holiday's are coming!!! *giggle*
I personally get very excited about this time of year...
I LOVE the holiday's...
they are my weakness and I have so many projects I want to do...
some of which I've already started and you'll be seeing at some point...
but I get so excited about the new holiday stamps and dies coming out and I know Christmas is only one a day out of year so how many stamps do I really need?
Apparently...
a lot.
I ordered up a lot of the new goodies from PTI earlier in the week and they arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to use O'Tannenbaum.
I fell in love with the set from first peek but it was when it was previewed and I saw another tree included in the set that I was completely sunk.
See...
I LOVE this retro tree card I found a while ago...



seriously...
I die over it.
So I used it for inspiration for this...

PTI O'Tannenbaum

I stamped the tree on Soft Stone in Memento Rose Bud and though they're a little hard to see...
the lights and surrounding snow fall/twinkling are stamped in Fresh Snow.  
I added little touches of Copic marker for shading under some of the lights and then stamped the small "burst" image from Shakers+Sprinkles to some of the lights...
also adding some small dots using a white gel pen for extra lights.
The sentiment is from Keep It Simple: Season's Greeting's.
I adhered the small panel onto a slightly larger silver shimmer panel and then adhered it all to a Raspberry Fizz base.
Actually very easy and there will be a quite a few of these mailed this Christmas season.

So hope your weekend is off to a great start...
it's gorgeous weather here and I'm going to be heading outside for a bit of yard work before hubby and the kids take off for the afternoon and leave me to some alone time...
which is going to see me playing with some more new goodies while I marathon Season 3 of Scandal on Netflix.
Till next time!

EDITED 3:20pm: My sweet friend Marybeth told me about the challenge at Festive Friday and I'm gonna link this up over there.  It's a proven fact that my friends have to make me aware of challenges because I have absolutely no clue about what's going on out there in blogland.  Thanks, Marybeth!

22 comments :

  1. Oh. Renee. I thought I could get by without O'Tannenbaum. You have convinced me that is simply not the case. I love your inspiration. I love your take on it. This is beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought a pink Christmas tree last year except it was way too expensive. Absolutely love this card! Can't wait for my stamp set to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigoodness - glad your husband is fine but that must have been quite scarey! Your card is gorgeous - truly beautiful - all the little touches - wonderful. and that sentiment looks perfect (i can't wait to get mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card! I love the pink : D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, your Season's Greetings card is stunning. Love your color choices and attention to detail. Didn't place an order yet because we were on vacation but also because it's too hard to keep my order with my budget…if YKWIM. Easier said than done but tell your DH not to sweat the small stuff and have him read that book. It makes perfect sense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ,that was fast shipping this time! Love this Christmas tree and it's gorgeous in pink! You will have to link it up to Festive Friday! I am going to have to wait for everything to come back in stock ...
    Keep up the good work in fitness! We always sang that song.....gorgeous ,Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How perfect is that stamp set for your inspiration! This is just beautiful! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, Renee! I didn't think I needed/wanted this set but I am thinking again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous tree. You really nailed that inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this pink tree. How trendy! I wish I had a pink Christmas tree in my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tree is so gorgeous! Love the pink version and the snowy stamping around the edge looks wonderful. So glad to see you posting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Renee I think snow should be pink, but that's just me. Love this beautiful card! Glad that hubby is okay, and kind of heart attack is scary! ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty Renee - I'm so into this pink Christmas now !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. EEEEK!! This is BEAUTIFUL!! Oh my, I love pink and this just makes my heart jump! That is so pretty!! I am so glad I bought this set! I'm going to make a pink tree too!! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just SPECTACULAR! What a great inspiration photo and your card is just stunning! I love the silvery paper and the white snow surrounding the tree on the outside. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are just incredible! I'm so glad your husband is doing better and that life is getting a little more back to normal for you. This card is incredible! I'm totally regretting not picking up this set with my last PTI order. It's jumped right to the top of my wish list. And boy do I hear you about the occasional thing. Way back when I started my blog I knew I couldn't commit to more than that...hence the name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous! You are making me regret not getting this set :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now this is gorgeous! I love your beautiful pink Christmas tree, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning pink tree Renee!!! I had this set in and out of my cart twice! You make me want to get it for sure! So glad your hubbie is okay! Scary!! Big hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this, Renee! The detail is amazing. You did such a great job! It looks like a painting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...