Thursday, September 25, 2014

No One Freak!

Good morning!
Seriously...
2 posts...
in 2 days?!!
It may be time for a freak out because over about the last year or so...
I think this may be a record! *grin*
And I gotta make this one a quick one because it's homecoming week and the kids are out at half day tomorrow for the parade and festivities...
but for my little guy and the fact that it's also the end of the first 9 weeks...
his school is having a rewards day and so far all I've done this morning is bake and frost 36 cupcakes...
with sprinkles because you know they make or break a cupcake! *wink*
So much for getting back on track with my race training this week...
but I'm posting this and then I've got to go get a quick run in!



So it's the 25th and while the date is permanently seared in my mind as to what it means...
I'm not always so good at getting to play along with PTI's Blog Hop.
I guess I should thank the cupcakes this morning for giving me a few minutes while they baked...
and it was such a beautiful inspiration picture...


Nichole provided sketches and color recipes and I choose the first color palette to work with...


and I kept it extremely very simple...
seriously...
I don't think they come any simpler than this...

PTI Blog Hop 9/14

I used the leaves from Phrase Play #7 because they reminded me of the basket...
and cutting them in silver shimmer cardstock gave them more of a galvanized look.
I cut the smallest rectangle from Stitching Rectangles because it reminded me of the tag on the sweater and I stamped the sentiment from Communique Curves in Enchanted Evening.
A few simple buttons from Bitty Button Stack in Autumn Rose for the berries...
and then adhered it all onto a Sweet Blush card base.
See...
extremely very simple!

And now I'm off for a quick run!
Since one little guy has scouts, one big guy has football and one daughter is working on floats...
I'll be almost alone tonight and can hop around to see what everyone else was able to come up with this beautiful inspiration...
see you then!

23 comments :

  1. Sometimes the simple ones are the awesome ones and this is one of those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is so beautiful - reminds me of Cristina Kowalczyk CAS style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that most undeserved...
      though greatly appreciated compliment! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is so sweet & perfect, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I don't think I could love it any more than I do, Renee! This is the quintessential CAS card, perfect in every way!! So pinning!! (And I love your paper cast creations in your prior post, too! Lovely to having you posting more often!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple perfection that is! Love this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee this is so CUTE! I LOVE it!!!
    Sounds like your busy as ever! :) Hope you got everything in and done you wanted!
    Off to see your 2nd post! :)
    Have a GREAT day!
    Happy Hopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee, your sweet card is sheer perfection ~ Love the leaves and button berries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are out enjoying your run. Love the simplicity of this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, clean and simple! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty Renee, not freaking out but so happy to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a gorgeous CAS card! Those leaves are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply wonderful! One of my favorites in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! No one is going to freak!!! You are so funny...love this card and the simple colors and very elegant design. So happy to see you crafting PTI again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple yet just gorgeous! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty Renee! CAS perfection as always, but look at the pretty details, the fancy dies, and the blue stamping. You really have a beautiful way of letting the images take the focus and get the attention they deserve. I think you could sell me anything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fresh and sweet, I am loving the berry buttons and the soft grey leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Renee, this is so sweet and lovely. I love your dainty little sentiment, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...