Sunday, September 13, 2015

Beaded Ornaments

Hello! Hello!
Remember me? *grin*
Don't worry if you've forgotten...
it's been quite a while.
After starting our summer off with the ER and 23 stitches...
we've just been SO busy.
Which BTW...Robert is doing great.
The surgeon did an incredible job and you can barely see his scar right now.
Granted before school started back in August he did have me shave his head both for football...
and so everyone could see his awesome scar when school started. *grin*
But now his hair has grown and you have to look for it to see it.
He still has no feeling on the top of his head...
he severed all the nerves and we were told not expect sensation to come back but we were hoping...
only now we're really thinking he'll never regain that.
We're still just in awe and wonder how we still have him with us...
and thank God everyday for that...
so not having any sensation on the top of his head...
we'll take it!
Thank You to everyone for the sweet words and prayers...
they were so very appreciated.

Now to why I'm popping in here again after a few months hiatus...
stitched ornaments!
I had to have the new Beaded Ornament Kit from PTI earlier this month...
even though I can sew...
the dies just make everything SO incredibly easy.
I can cut everything out and even take it with me on some errands...
like waiting for football practice to be over (which always goes at least 30 minutes over the scheduled time!)...
soccer practice...
school pick up lines...
the in-laws in a few weeks *wink*
So I've been busy doing a lot of cutting but did manage to stitch a couple together to see how easy they come together...
so easy BTW!
I'm using a lot of fabric with these...
have been busying ironing stiff interfacing and then cutting...
but I LOVE the fabric/felt look with these...
and even before Erin posted her peek of some red gingham on the forum...
I had already pulled my stash of favorite red gingham that I've been hoarding to use on some ornaments...

042

I LOVE this and have many more cut and ready to stitch together...
in all the shapes and fabrics!


079

Super simple...
just cut the star shape out of vintage cream felt and I used some gold sequins and clear beads from my stash...
I can't wait to see the Christmas lights reflecting off those sequins!

And I can't wait to get more of these stitched together...
I have 3 full size trees that I decorate each year...
and then I would really like to have some on hand and at the ready for some gift card holders...
so I guess I need to get cracking!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
We have some gorgeous weather coming our way...
and have had a teaser of fall weather this weekend...
loved every moment of it even though I now have a teaser of fall allergies...
not good!
Till next time!

9 comments :

  1. Renee, these are beautiful. Your stitching is so even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Renee! so glad to hear Robert is doing well - love your sweet ornaments! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Renee! I love the sparkle and shine and your beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that Robert is doing so well he was so very lucky. Actually you all were :) These are so amazing Renee-- you make me wish I could sew better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Renee! Happy Robert is doing so well and I have to say he has a great guardian angel! Love these! I can’t stop making them and I am not getting anything else done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely creations Renee. Delighted to hear your son has recovered and is doing so well. Good to hear you have more to time to craft and are enjoying your new kit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are super cute Renee...I would recognize the gingham anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these little treasures!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...