Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The 12 CASES of Christmas...Day 1

Good morning!
While life has just been really busy and not a lot of time for crafting...much less blogging...over the last year or so...
after paying $7+ for a Mother's Day card earlier this year my goal was to get back to using my supplies and start making cards again and for the first time in...
...
...
...
we'll just say for the first time in a LONG time I have Christmas cards made and ready to start addressing...
YAY!!

And while I wasn't doing a lot of cardmaking or crafting, last year while on Pinterest pinning all the 1000's of ideas I always seem to find*wink*...
I came across some custom order Christmas cards and I couldn't help but think how I could create an almost identical card using supplies I already had so I filed the idea away and this year I decided to challenge myself to do just that and thought I would share the results with you.
Instead of mass producing just 1 or maybe 2 card designs, I instead decided to really challenge myself and CASE'd 12 premade cards from various online sources and I tried to only use supplies I already had in my stash...
but honestly, it's that time of the year and I have a weakness for holiday sets...
so inevitably there have been some new releases from companies that also made it into a couple of cards.

So here it is...
November 1st and my Christmas cards are ready!
And for the next 12 days I'm going to show you not only the card that I created...
but also the card that inspired me.
I don't have to tell you that CASE'ing is a great way to get your crafty mojo restarted when you're in a slump and if you've been in one like I have hopefully you'll also find some inspiration along the way.

Here's the card that kicked it off...



I heat embossed in white the sweet little sprig image from  PTI's MIM: Tinsel and Tags and stamped the sentiment from KIS: Merry Christmas in red. A little strip of candy cane striped patterned paper from my stash finished it off.

This one is perfect for mass producing...
and I was able to create 8 cards in about 20 minutes...
cutting, scoring, stamping...
doesn't get much easier than that!

Card Count = 8

Back tomorrow for Day 2!

7 comments :

  1. What a fantastic idea!!! I pin all the time, and it's about time I start creating from those pin. I love this idea! Your card is perfect! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it will be a fun 8 days, Renee! Love your CASEd card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee it makes me so happy to see you creating again. Getting back in the saddle again is no easy task! Your card is so CAS and so fabulous and 8 in 20 minutes, well done and so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic plan to get your Christmas cards made. And, glad you left a little time for shopping too. Love this first design. So CAS and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have such wonderful ideas and I love this one! You remake with your own stamps is perfect! I try doing that sometimes because I want to save a buck! Well done Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea for a series, Renee! I am so happy to see you posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so clever...love your wonderful idea and your cards are always fabulous. Love this one and that sweet wee feather is a fabulous touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...